The GHOST RIDER: SPIRIT OF VENGEANCE Trailer!

its been a while since i saw the first one, but i remember it started and it showed him as a child or young kid
then it said something like "ten years later" and it was freakin nick cage!
been a tough dam ten years!

well, maybe it wasnt ten, but it led you to believe he was in his 20s or 30s....
sorry nick...... but your like 60 dude..... time to act it...........and oh yeh.... YOUR BALD!

Actually, he's 47, that's a far cry from 60. For me, it's not so much that he's balding, but the wig he used in the first one was just too obvious.

Okay so I have been keeping up with this and I know it's gonna be another cheese fest but I think this one may be more so-haters prepare to hate!

Christopher Lambert is in it :eek

:lol

Sam Elliot shows up to 'ride' with the Ghost Rider, and he does just that. He rides part way to the showdown...and then leaves. He just shows up to take a little jaunt with the ghost rider and then ditches him.

Caretaker: "I've got one last ride left in me."

Cue riding music and a pointless riding scene with an awkward goodbye...

Ghost Rider: "Oh you literally just meant a last ride. I thought...well...that you meant to imply that you were going to fight alongside me, but no. It was just a ride. huh. Cause I thought you might be coming along to help me fight evil in some way, but you were just going the same way as I was up until this point."

Caretaker: "Yep. See ya."

That scene alone sums up how I feel about the whole movie. Pointless.

I actually enjoyed the first movie for the corn fest that it was. I also take chances on 3 star movies from Netflix so take it for what it's worth. :lol

Oh yea, they totally ripped off the Bagger 288 scene from this music vid:
Bagger 288! - YouTube
Ya might wanna turn the volume down if you're brave enough to play it. The music isn't for everyone, but I think there's a definite connection between the two. Funny as hell.

Beelzelbub himself will fear, the bagger 288!

Ghost Rider was one of my favorite comics and I did enjoy the first film. I would have done some things different but it was great to see a favorite character brought to life.

I just got back from seeing GR: Spirit of Vengeance and did enjoy it, but not even as much as the first.
I LOVED the skull/flame look, and the Flame version of the motorcycle in this film, it was much better then the first.:thumbsup
Story...not so great.

What I really want to do is keep some good parts of first film and make them better with this one. Visually I would have keep with the transforming nature of his bike (but have it turn from from Blaze's street bike in the first film into GR's bike from this one) and take his costume from the first film and add the flaming skull from this one.
This story did not have to be complicated to be good. It just needed to be dark, violent, and about what Vengeance means, and what purpose it serves. This should have been about Blaze's acceptance of that role and his struggle to keep it pointed in the right direction, at real bad people over the rest of us that still Sin, but in small ways. This story should have been about the fact that Ghost Rider sees the world in Black & White, while Blaze is trying to force him into the Grey.

That all being said, I didn't make the film (or try to make it) so what the hell do I know. I sit on the sidelines and yell at the coach like some loser parent at a ball game. If I want it different I need to do it myself, or shut up. :cool

There was no Avengers trailer when I went to see this on Friday, but there was Spiderman and Prometheus.

I saw an Avengers trailer with my showing, but not Spiderman...I would have liked to seen the Spiderman one in 3D.

I found the movie a bit laughable. They pretty much ignore most of what happened in the first movie. Nick Cage seemed to be channeling himself from either Vampire's Kiss, Raising Arizona or Peggy Sue got married. I suppose Blaze's Ghostrider was a bit maniacal in the comics, but it got a bit irritating. I know the director's were chosen based on Crank/2, but it seemed like I'd already seen this back of tricks in those movies.

I wish they would have just come out and said the kid's last name was Ketch.

I still can't get why they made Johnny Blaze, who looked like a red hair Lorenzo Lamas in the comics, into a middle aged version of Dan who was the 90s ghost rider.

I saw it saturday and it was Ok but not as good as the first one. He seemed to be more trying to fight a drug habit than battling with the dark side in him. As as with most of these films the 3D was a pointless addition.

Last edited:
Saw it tonight it was....different? :confused probably one of the screwiest Marvel films I've seen to date,Cage was playing it really loose this time around and some of the scenes were funny as hell.

Not a bad film,but if you want a good well made one? naw,not gonna happen,get your ticket,kick back and shut the brain off and you'll have a good time.
In some ways it was like watching Johna Hex a bit,with a stronger helping of comedy;it was odd how they kinda just threw the first film out the window and said "welp,we're gonna go redo this whole thing! and it's gonna be an action comedy! ummm...okay?

If I had a soul complaint it would be Ghost Rider didn't act "right" at times he stumbled around like a puppet with a few cut strings then ZIP! he'd fast forward right into some bad guys face,um I ain't no long time GR fan but,dude,he don't move like a litch he strides around like a bad arsed muther and stomps on people,demons,or monsters.
I did however enjoy his habit of maniacal laughter when he was causing havoc :lol

So go have fun with it,it's not the worst comic film out there and it can be fun.

I hope if they do another they go back to the comic's darker,horror roots and maybe have a film where he never changes to Johnny Blaze and just stays as GR through the whole thing.

This was one of the worst films I've ever seen. Nic Cage and the directors made this film a huge steaming pile of ****.

I got the dvd and finally got around to watching this last night. For some reason, and I'm not really sure why, I liked it...It's not that it's a great movie but it just had this---wierdness to it that I liked. The way the rider walked and moved just had this strangeness that I liked....It's really not your standard super hero fare. It's more of a Omen/Damien type movie. I like the idea of the rider being (spoiler alert here) a fallen angel that had had been tortured into insanity. I have read only maybe 10 or 20 Ghostrider comics in my life, and that was something I never knew.

Again, it's not really that good of a movie but it had certain attributes to it that I liked. And it finally answers the age old question about Twinkies never rotting.

Last edited:
There's a "used" movie store in my city and by used, I mean probably 90% of the movies are stolen from the HMV on the other side of the mall and sold to the store, probably to fuel their crack habit/alcoholism. Anyways usually you're saving about 5 bucks by buying from them. The week Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance came out on
Blu ray, the used store got a 3D Blu Ray copy still in the plastic. HMV was asking $40 for it, store was asking $9.99. Coincidence?

Just watched this on Netflix a week or so ago... Setting aside what a huge turd of a film it is, :p I loved the design of the character, the flame effects, etc. I'd never recommend it to anyone unless they were just interested in seeing some interesting f/x on making a guy with a flaming skull and flaming motorcycle. Nic Cage has practically become a parody of himself.

Never thought I'd say the first Ghost Rider was superior to anything...

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back