The Forgotten Avp Scar Bio - Led's Added

Double H

Sr Member
Hey guys and gals,

Been meaning to paint this up for a lil while but never go around to it, but it has been starring me in the face for months so decided to give it a revamp. When I bought the bio, it did have the 'slug' detail on the side so I had to sculpt one our of milliput. I decided to go with something different for this paint up - as shown in the topic title lol- away from the tradional Scar paint up. I wanted to make this one look like the ' forgotten/left behind soldier' .....

Here's a before image

DSCF1238.jpg

DSCF1237.jpg

And heres after...

IMAG0807.jpg

IMAG0813.jpg

IMAG0811.jpg

IMAG0810.jpg

IMAG0809.jpg

IMAG0812.jpg

IMAG0805.jpg

Haven't added the LED's yet but will get those done later today if not tomorrow

Thanks for looking

Avp fan has a video of painting the savage bio, he uses some great techniques, he uses oranges for rust, looks like d did the same, it looks awesome

Thanks guys. I ididn't know about the paint up threads/ videos I just kinda made this one up.as i went along. There is about10 layers of paint starting with a aluminum base. I then added in some browns, coppers, darker silvers, gold, oranges and various other colours and mixtures. I used an.airbrush and sponge effects actually found that using a sponge t blend the paints from the airbrush works well.

Thanks for the great feedback

Update time

Just finished adding the LED into the shroud. I used 3 3mm super bright LED's - thanks eBay lol

Heres a couple of snaps.....

IMAG0816.jpg

IMAG0820.jpg

IMAG0817.jpg

IMAG0818.jpg

Added in the rusty chain as a comparison, it was actually used as my reference piece

Let me know what you guys think and thanks for looking

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back