The Fly Telepod

Discussion in 'Replica Props' started by Ro Man, Aug 4, 2015.

1. Ro Man

Ro Man New Member

Pod_Update_071615.JPG Pod_Update_071615_2.JPG

This was modeled in Solidworks 2015 and textured in Zbrush. Its going to be 3D printed in 1/6 scale. It will have a working hinged door and flashing led lights. Stay tuned for a video.

Thanks,

Richard Lafarga

Jmen and Strode like this.
  2. xeno

xeno Well-Known Member

That looks sweet !
    now all it needs is a 1:6 BrundleFly :)

3. Ro Man

Ro Man New Member

Test render update in Keyshot 5!
    Pod.52.jpg

4. Apollo

Apollo Legendary Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Tre cool!

I feel like riding a motorcycle!

5. Ro Man

Ro Man New Member

Pod_Update_081015.jpg
    Just in time for Jersey Fest...................... 1/6th Scale

Richard Lafarga

6. Ro Man

Ro Man New Member

Pod_Update_081115_1.jpg Pod_Update_081115_2.jpg Pod_Update_081115_3.jpg Pod_Update_081115_4.jpg Pod_Update_081115_5.jpg Pod_Update_081115_6.jpg Pod_Update_081115_7.jpg

Jmen and Howlrunner like this.
  7. Apollo

Apollo Legendary Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Sweet!

Looking forward to the video

8. Gregatron

Gregatron Sr Member

VERY nice!

It it should be noted that Telepods 1 and 2 featured some very minor differences in detail, and, of course, the prototype/Telepod 3 had some very obvious differences from the other two (such as the solid metal door). This model is clearly based on Telepod 1, but it would surely not be difficult to modify it to represent Telepod 2, if you wanted a matched set.

9. VashDstampede

VashDstampede Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Really looking forward to seeing this printed! Will you only be doing one or will you be offering kits?
    This would be awesome to go with the 1/6 Seth Brundle I sculpted:
    [​IMG]

Larry T likes this.
  10. Gregatron

Gregatron Sr Member

VashDstampede, I would just like to point out that, as a superfan of the film, I'm floored that you replicated Typhoon (the baboon), the mockup Particle Magazine cover, and the friggin' Sony Super Betamax camcorder! Beautiful display, and great attention to detail!

Now, if you and Ro Man joined forces, we could have a full-on Brundle-in-pod display, complete with teensy 1/6th scale housefly clinging to the inside of the circular viewport.

I should also point out that, despite excellent reference materials now being available (via the fabulous Blu-Ray release of THE FLY), there's been a shocking lack of FLY-inspired items. The different makeup stages alone could make for a very nice set of mini-busts. Sadly, all we've gotten on the licensed front are the final-stage Brundlefly figures from McFarlane and Sideshow. Not even a Telepod. Ro Man's by the way, Is the best I've ever seen. Spot on, aside from the current lack of a finished interior and door control panel.

Aside from the aforementioned figures, a Cronenberg-signed one-sheet poster, and various books/scripts/magazines, my FLY collection is sorely lacking. Heck, I'd love to have even that Particle cover mockup in a frame!

11. Buch

Buch Sr Member

This is great! Big fan of this movie.... Wille they have the console as well??

12. Gregatron

Gregatron Sr Member

Yeah, the console would be neat, as well as a swappable section of Telepod 2, to represent the chunk that's eaten away and merged with Brundlefly during the finale. Heck, a prototype/Telepod 3 with the Brundlefly/Telepod fusion crawling out of it would make for a neat--if rather morbid--display piece.

13. mophesto2

mophesto2 New Member

OMG this is amazing, i just saw this?....do you sell the telepod?...i have been looking for one forever!....and how about the Brendle head?....i would be glad to buy a copy of these from you!

14. Logan Cade

Logan Cade Well-Known Member

Anymore updates on this? What a great movie!

15. Jmen

Jmen Well-Known Member

1:1 will be better:D
    Awesome progress.

BobFett likes this.
  16. Logan Cade

Printed and framed this today.

DSC06975 (Large).JPG

Larry T and Apollo like this.
  17. Gregatron

Gregatron Sr Member

Y'know, I'd love to do the same thing, but this version isn't entirely accurate. The fonts and placement of the text don't quite match the screenused cover, and the original just said "December, 1986", rather than including a specific day. The placement of Brundle's head in relation to the "Telepods" is also slightly off. Someone make a more accurate version, dagnabbit!

18. Gregatron

Gregatron Sr Member

By the way, the actual artwork for the cover popped up, some time back. All that's needed is an accurate recreation of the text.

Attached Files:

Lt Washburn likes this.
  19. Logan Cade

Anymore updates on this?