The Flash

Discussion in 'DC Costumes and Props' started by TickleMyPony, Aug 27, 2015.

1. TickleMyPony

TickleMyPony New Member

I've made a few Flash costumes before, I started with a wet suit about 4 years ago and I've been improving the design ever since. this is my fourth time making Flash and im pretty happy with how its coming along. I purchased some football pants fabric and that's what I will be making the whole suit out of. along with some red and gold marine vinyl. i'm making the mask out of silicone. right now i'm just waiting for a large shipment from Smooth-on. i'll post some pictures of my progress so far. I have quite a while to go. if anyone has any questions or thoughts, ill be happy to respond.

Attached Files:

2. TickleMyPony

TickleMyPony New Member

So I got a big order of Rebound 25 today to mold my mask. I started with a thin layer for a booty coat, and then built it up until it started to look more like The Thing rather than The Flash. I made my mother mold from plaster bandages but I forgot to take any pictures of that. I just finished casting the mask in Dragon Skin 10. i'm afraid I didn't have quite enough so the mask may turn out a bit too thin, but hey, fingers crossed. in retrospect I should have done a core mold for all of this, but I hadn't thought of that until I had already ordered errythang. lesson learned.

Attached Files:

3. TickleMyPony

TickleMyPony New Member

I'm pretty pleased to say the mask turned out pretty good. it fits a bit loosely so im going to be doing some modifying later in the week. in the picture I am holding back some of the extra slack to see how the finished product will look. also I apologize for my intense face, I was trying to look cool. ill be adding the wings and giving it a paint job whenever I fix the looseness issue. if anyone has any experience with that or even just an idea, i'm all ears, because im not totally sure how to fix it without it looking like a wrinkled mess in the back. please and thank you for any advice.

Attached Files:

Bogleo likes this.
  4. BlackKaos

BlackKaos Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Nice cowl sculpt!

5. TickleMyPony

TickleMyPony New Member

Thank you very much!

6. TickleMyPony

TickleMyPony New Member

The mask has been painted and I added a sport zipper to the back using a generous amount of sil-poxy from smooth-on. the fit is ten times better. here is another attempt at making a "cool" face. I've posted a picture of the wings I planned on using, but now im sort of second guessing myself. now i'm thinking of getting a set of the CW Flash's ear bolts. I decided i'd post an update before I did that though. so what do you guys think? should I stick with the ones ive got or change them to the ear bolts? or maybe something totally different? let me know what you think.

Attached Files:

7. TickleMyPony

TickleMyPony New Member

I finished the top today!. I did a little airbrush weathering and jb welded the metal symbol to the shirt

Attached Files: