The Flash WIP

NkdRnr

Ok, so again, I'm brand new at this so go easy on me. Haha. I'm taking bits and pieces of ideas from several different Flash costumes that I like as well as adding some components that are my own idea. Overall though, I feel like the majority of the costume is coming from the new Justice League movie costume. For this first build I'm trying to use some prefab armor for the knees and shins as well as an armored jacket for motocross. I'm having to prime and paint all of the plastic pieces on these and that's definitely been a struggle. Haha. I bought a nice latex cowl and pulled the earpieces off of it and I'm going to replace them with some nice 3-D printed ones that I bought. I've had a chest emblem 3-D printed as well. I'm airbrushing these and will be mounting the chest piece using a strong rare earth magnet. I'm contemplating attaching the earpieces with strong magnets as well rather than gluing them on. What are your thoughts on this? I have included a photo of my completed leg pieces and my gloves. Let me know what you think. Thanks everyone.
Mark

Attachments

• E738FF17-CA04-4F36-8518-0FD9032FE6E2.JPG
    E738FF17-CA04-4F36-8518-0FD9032FE6E2.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 201
I bought it from Amazon. Cost like $13. But.........I ripped the lightning bolt earpieces off, added flexible wire to the nosepiece to fit it to my face better, PlastiDipped the whole thing, then painted it a different red and sealed it with Modge Podge. After that, I put on the new earpieces that I had 3D printed.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back