THE FLASH "Trailer"Keaton's Bat Returns!

MARK M3

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
The Flash trailer...
I have to confess, I couldn’t care less about the Flash but knowing my favorite film Batman is returning is cool.
Very happy to see/ Hear Michael Keaton returning as Batman.
Also snippets of Danny Elfman’s score from Batman 1989.

I feel the exact same way. I think it's a real shame they're wasting Michael Keaton's return as Batman, in this Flash movie. I don't even like Ezra Miller, nor am I a particular fan of the Flash but Keaton would be the reason I see this. Maybe that was their plan all along! lol!

I'm right there with you guys. I don't mind them using the Flash as a way to get us back to Keaton Batman but I can't stand Ezra Miller at all.

You know who else I don't care about? Superman's daughter. I had no idea she even existed as a character until a few months ago. Why the heck did they put her in this? How about instead of her we have, I don't know, maybe Superman himself? You know, a character we actually have familiarity and love for.

I'm right there with you guys. I don't mind them using the Flash as a way to get us back to Keaton Batman but I can't stand Ezra Miller at all.

You know who else I don't care about? Superman's daughter. I had no idea she even existed as a character until a few months ago. Why the heck did they put her in this? How about instead of her we have, I don't know, maybe Superman himself? You know, a character we actually have familiarity and love for.
Good with the bad?

Exec: This flash things been languishing around a while, what will get things going and people excited?

Another guy in the room: Just Flash himself doesn't seem to be a huge interest to the public

Guy in the corner: You could always get Michael Keaton to do batman again.

-silence-

Exec: Excellent! I love it. I think everyone will love it.

Someone else: We can also stick superman's daughter in it to drum up support for that show on HBO Max.

Exec: We're doing a show about Superman's daughter? Wait a second...Superman has a daughter?
Exec: Hmm. Maybe that's not a bad idea so people will have clue what the show actually is.

---------------------------

FWIW, I didn't know superman had a daughter until i read that just now. Hell, i'm aware of Superboy being his kid, but to my knowledge they've not done a whole lot with him either.

The Flash & return of Keaton’s Batman already has a thread

J
My post is a result of the dropping of the teaser trailer... with Keaton’s voice over, the use of the Wayne manor from 1989 being utilized again, the use of the back of Keaton’s cowl as he walked into frame and the 1989 Batmobile under the tarp. Plus the several Danny Elfman music cues used throughout.
However, if the mods feel this is a redundant post, please feel free to remove.

Thanks.

Actually I think Ezra Miller as the flash is quite good. not everybody who has super powers thrust upon them immediately take to them. He plays that quite well, learning as he goes and makes mistakes. as for Superman‘s daughter there is a movement in Hollywood run by a very minor portion of the population that if we’re lucky 10 years from now will have fizzled out. they’re bringing a strict political agenda to movies and TV shows I’m not going to get into it here because no politics are allowed. which of course makes it very hard to not comment when something like Indiana Jones is utterly destroyed and we can’t talk about this particular agenda. but things are what they are. if you don’t like it don’t give them your money. If you don’t like it going in and give them your money that’s on you. everybody today Has to be so serious. what happened to just having fun with the concept? remember when Keaton was proposed as Batman? the boards exploded “oh my God Mr. mom is going to be Batman“ where are those detractors now? where are the detractors here going to be in the future?

if you don’t like it don’t give them your money. If you don’t like it going in and give them your money that’s on you.
Couldn't agree more.

I've been wanting Keaton to reprise his role for a long time as well as Tim Burton returning to direct (the other crucial half of the '89 formula). Unfortunately this movie won't be getting my money for the reasons you've stated.

Last edited:
I couldn't give a rat's ass about the Flash outside of the animated Justice League by the guys that did BTAS. Even then he was a bit player in that and that's really all I see him as.

I love Keaton/Burton's Batman and while I'm kind of excited to see his version again, it's a real bummer that they crammed him into this Flashpoint story that---let's face it---a small minority even know and/or care about just to drum up interest.

Yeah I would've preferred his own movie too. But only with Burton.

Keaton has said before that if Burton was in, he'd come back for another full on Batman movie.

Last edited:
I think I said it in another thread but honestly the fact that the Flash, the lead of his own movie, is playing second fiddle to Keaton's return as Batman says a lot. People aren't talking about the Flash. They want Batman. Which means they should just make another Batman movie rather than use Flash as a vehicle to drive an already thriving franchise. The Flash seems like filler at this point. Plus the rumors are that other versions of Batman appear, which would further prove who is really the focus of this story because that's all the fans want to see.

I think I said it in another thread but honestly the fact that the Flash, the lead of his own movie, is playing second fiddle to Keaton's return as Batman says a lot. People aren't talking about the Flash. They want Batman. Which means they should just make another Batman movie rather than use Flash as a vehicle to drive an already thriving franchise. The Flash seems like filler at this point. Plus the rumors are that other versions of Batman appear, which would further prove who is really the focus of this story because that's all the fans want to see.
It could also be bait and switch....this is hollywood we're talking about. Talk up what they know people will love (keaton as batman) then have the movie turn around and center on flash with keaton in it 5-10 minutes.

Going to pass on this. Never cared for Ezra as The Flash. They would have been better off just giving Keaton the staring role and made another Batman film. I'd love to see Keaton as Batman again, but I'm not going to sit through this movie to do it.
Ezra has been in the news lately, getting into trouble with the law. Don't production studios have "bad behavior" clauses in their contracts? Seems like Ezra is causing trouble and the film hasn't been been released yet. Well, I guess there's no such thing as bad publicity, right? Unless you're Will Smith.

Couple files restraining order against Ezra Miller after actor allegedly breaks into their hotel room

gettyimages-1182424052.jpg

I find it interesting that this bozo can go around literally assaulting and causing physical harm to people and not get cancelled but others can post something that ruffles feathers on social media and out they go!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back