The First Avenger paint up.

streetjudge79

Master Member
Finished display.

a77e1573.jpg

9d97e557.jpg

Last edited:
Doesn't look real? Just curious how? The paint or the sculpt? I think you guys are spoiled with all the silicone heads that look lifelike. Remember this is resin. It takes to paint much differently than silicone.

I think you guys are spoiled with all the silicone heads that look lifelike

That´s what I meant.

But like everything it´s a matter of taste. The sculpt looks great with that painting, but for me the silicone heads looks way better.

I can't get over the chin strap. That has to be one of the most realistic texturing I've ever seen painted. If you didn't say it was paint I would have believed it was real leather in a second. Even the buckles. Wow.

I also love the sheen in the eyes.

Steve, I have to believe that the majority of people are getting spoiled with silcone busts. However, your talent and skills continue to amaze me, job well done, I think it looks amazing. Curious about one think...painted eyes or glass??
Reel

Glass eyes, but with clear epoxy resin applied over them. Thanks guys! Yeah it's hard to compete with all the silicone busts, but hey I'm trying! :)

I can't get over the chin strap. That has to be one of the most realistic texturing I've ever seen painted. If you didn't say it was paint I would have believed it was real leather in a second. Even the buckles. Wow.

I also love the sheen in the eyes.

I agree completely ^. Good job!!

to be honest, it looks great, it just dosent look like captain america, im not seeing the actors face at all. the paintwork looks amazing other than the lips seem slightly to dark to me, and the sculpt and texture work look awesome. im just not seeing the actors face.

I'd be curious to see a shot of the bust without the photo-filter that appears to be added to the images. Nice work, though.

Photo filter? I Dont' think so. The only thing I did was tone down the highlights and sharpen the image due to the sunlight , it was too bright outside. The top photos are indoors with no tweaking at all. There is not ONE spot of color correction on ANY of my photos. That's the actual paint job you see.

Photo filter? I Dont' think so. The only thing I did was tone down the highlights and sharpen the image due to the sunlight ... There is not ONE spot of color correction on ANY of my photos.

Hrm. Well, I think those two adjustments are having a major effect on the color. Just based on comparing the top two to the rest of the photos.

The top photos are indoors with no tweaking at all.

And I feel like those two photos actually give me an idea of what the piece looks like. (And like I said, I'm diggin' it.) The others appear -- at least on my monitor -- to have more contrast/harsher colors. (Due to the adjustments.)

Just trying to venture a guess as to why you might not be getting the response you expected.

Outside and inside photos are always going to look a bit different due to the light source.You guys always complain about my photography, so I tweak the highlight setting and sharpen the image to adjust for the sunlight and you still complain. LOL !!! I can't win with you guys. I AM NOT A PROFESSIONAL PHOTOGRAPHER! Please keep that in mind .I DO not have a professional set up or background, I use what I have. The bust in person looks exactly like it does in the photos.
thanks,
Steve

Last edited:
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back