The first 5 MINUTES of AvP-R!!!!

Carl-
To get it to go full screen, just pause it and let it fully download 100%, then click play and hit the little full screen arrow when it glows blue.

Didn't want to work for us either till we did that.

Unfortunately I have no sound at the moment, so my reaction is based purely on a visual standpoint...

I'm a little unimpressed, but at the same time happy with the way it starts. The thing that gets me the most is, obviously, the apparent growth of the predalien. Even if these guys grow faster....this was just strange to watch. I guess I was expecting more from the scene on the predator ship. It started well, but once the first guy got taken out it all seemed a little weird. Maybe it was the way it was edited, I don't know. I guess I was hoping for more of a build up to the appearence of the new guy, I kind of assumed at some point the preds would have found scar's body.....did no one come back and notice that there was a gigantic hole in his chest? Or did the predalien really grow in 5 minutes..? That was one thing at the end of AVP that bothered me too...with all their technology, the preds didn't realize scar was infected when they brought him on board. You'd think that would be a pretty big thing to want to check into.

But still, the movie looks very good. I love Wolf's face as he turns around in his chair. I only wish I could have listened to it, I'm sure the music and sound effects add a lot more to the experience. The scene on the predator homeworld didn't go to ridiculous lengths, they pretty much just showed what needed to be seen and that was that.

I think Wolf is my new favorite pred, and I'll probably be sure of it after i've finished watching this movie.

I wouldn't assume this is the exact 5 minutes of the movie... I think we're seeing an edited version, sort of like the shop scene, which is heavily edited and cut down from what we will see in theaters.

Dan

Hope so Dan, :eek:

Also noticed, Mr Elder is the crap shot who brings the ship down hehe.

man why isnt this out tomorrow

aaaaaarg. :)

there may be some parts cut out for this. and the aliens in AVP grow fast because they were given growth hormones. but this could just be hours after.

Doubt its hrs after being as they were still in the process of leaving Earth.

Hopefully theres abit missing as Dan says.

even so, hugely looking forward to this.

I must say I woundn't normally watch a preview like this but it is AVP2 so I couldn't stop myself. I'm sure there will be credits before this like the start of AVP1 and a few more deaths on the ship. I loved what they showed of the Predator ship and homeworld, great ideas on how to redecorate my bedroom. All those skulls on the wall and then the wall of bios! Think I'll watch it again...

HOLY ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Translation:

FAWWWWWWK!!!!

EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS MOVIE IS PERFECT SO FAR!!!!

I DIDN'T THINK THIS WAS EVEN POSSIBLE!!!

i'll preface this by saying that i think i was one of the four people on earth who really did enjoy the original AVP.

this movie does look absolutely stunning. it opens more like a predator movie should... very take-you-from-your-seatish... not some-chick-on-the-side-of-the-mountainish. i really like that the first things you see in this movie are the aliens and predators...i think it sets the mood of the entire movie. i don't have any complaints about the first 5 minutes, and if the rest of the movie holds up to that, i think we're in for a treat.

Hope so Dan, :)

Also noticed, Mr Elder is the crap shot who brings the ship down hehe.

man why isnt this out tomorrow

aaaaaarg. ;)

That's not the elder :eek:

Different mask no? I can't tell too much, but the Elder had an opening in the mask and I think this one is a closed mouth mask.

did every one notice when the wolf was watching what happend in the ship the P1 and P2 music was playing , that looks so ******* good , you are a god dan , thankyou

That's not the elder

Different mask no? I can't tell too much, but the Elder had an opening in the mask and I think this one is a closed mouth mask.

I have to agree with you.
1. The shooters dreads are black and we know the elder's is a purple color.
2. The bio didnt have a mark or the strings.

-Chris

It's got my interest.

Okay...who am I kidding???

What I have just seen is too intense and cool for my widdle mind to wrap around.

Very very cool!!

I'd like to see better images of those other bio helmets on the "Arsenal Wall" as well!!!

~DD

the strause brothers from what we have seen so far are obviously real fans of AVP and don't just want to be paid , so forget anderson and lets just pretend that never happened !!

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back