Delete

Good lord that is awesome. Good luck on it. If I had the extra funds I would have definitely been in. Too close to the holidays.

Do I want one, yes. Do I have the funds, yes. Can I justify spending that kind of money on an item sight un-seen in person...........

I completely understand. I am more than happy to provide Zoom/Skype walk arounds of the original prop and display it’s functioning and inner workings, not a problem at all.

Like this:

Attachments

• 1605587073420.png
    1605587073420.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 162
Hi James,

Regarding the side dart launchers, I'm developing a mechanism to make these actuate like the film too. This is a small video of the prototype, 3D printed version. If this project were to go ahead, these would be machined from metal components and have a much smoother motion.

The initial quote of £4000 + shipping is still for the initial proposal (articulated top bay and scope, fully lighted)

Regarding a static version, the main cost is in the machining, casting and finishing of the parts (not to mention the materials) but there would be a small saving in removing the motor, servos and associated electronics. In your specific case, that saving would be offset by the creation of the side dart launcher bodies and darts themselves but I'd imagine the final cost to be about £3750 + delivery.

I'm very happy to take onboard peoples varying needs and what they would like added (or subtracted) within reason.

Please also bare in mind the original has the option to be powered from mains electricity and actuated via remote (the same used in the film of course!). This is included in the original quote.

wow, truely amazing, i can drool over this as well, but sadly unobtainable for me,
im also waiting to see the net launcher and the ice cube system, ;)

I'm interested. What is the time frame for delivery once you have enough takers?

Hi TC,

I will be running this job through the company I work for and I have estimated the job at 3-4 weeks production. Shipping will be another couple of days and each replica ZF1 will be sent with its own flight case. My plan is to keep each buyer (and potentially TheRPF) updated with daily pictures and videos. My day job is focused on meeting tough deadlines and having thorough production schedules so I am confident in this time frame once everyone has signed up to the project.

Chances of making a kit which would be more in my $ range?

Hello Yaan,

Yes I have spent most of 2020 (after finishing my original) developing a cheaper alternative to manufacturing this prop. Please check out page 5+ of this thread (ZF1 build thread) to see progress on it. It's already fully animated with movement and lighting and consists of 3D printed plastic components (with aluminium frame) as opposed to hand machined metal parts and will be sold as an unassembled, unpainted kit. I'll be starting a new thread when this project reaches V1.0 and is available for sale. The price will be £500 (£750 for assembled prop and painted shell) + shipping.

Last edited:
Hi TC,

I will be running this job through the company I work for and I have estimated the job at 3-4 weeks production. Shipping will be another couple of days and each replica ZF1 will be sent with its own flight case. My plan is to keep each buyer (and potentially TheRPF) updated with daily pictures and videos. My day job is focused on meeting tough deadlines and having thorough production schedules so I am confident in this time frame once everyone has signed up to the project.

Hello Yaan,

Yes I have spent most of 2020 (after finishing my original) developing a cheaper alternative to manufacturing this prop. Please check out page 5+ of this thread (ZF1 build thread) to see progress on it. It's already fully animated with movement and lighting and consists of 3D printed plastic components (with aluminium frame) as opposed to hand machined metal parts and will be sold as an unassembled, unpainted kit. I'll be starting a new thread when this project reaches V1.0 and is available for sale. The price will be £500 (£750 for assembled prop and painted shell) + shipping.

Definitely interested if this is in this price range!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back