The Fifth Element ZORG Industries ZF1 build thread

Got a bit of paint on them. The untrained eye wouldn’t know they were mainly 3D printed!!

591AD272-1DE1-410C-889A-C99DE7085B22.jpeg

74EF5226-343E-4614-B83A-4EBBAADFC16E.jpeg

9B4B019D-9EFB-4A80-9224-89762A706479.jpeg

that looks amazing!
just to be a bit constructive, I wonder if the base color is not a bit darker than what you used before or the screen used versions.

that looks amazing!
just to be a bit constructive, I wonder if the base color is not a bit darker than what you used before or the screen used versions.
Hi Eethan,

Yes you're absolutely correct. I've been experimenting with painting techniques and ways of masking off the shells quickly so I can set up a production line of sorts. Turns out I was so engrossed in that, I forgot to spray the yellow camo pattern and applied a slightly too heavy speckle which has darkened the whole thing! It's not a problem though, I'll respray it later in the week and get it perfect next time.

Unbelievable! The fact that this is your first prop build is beyond impressive!
Thank you very much! It is really appreciated to have such positive feedback.

I filmed this short walkaround of my original ZF1 replica a couple of months ago featuring shell on and shell off sections. I thought you might like to see it too.

It’s ‘warts and all’ so enjoy! The motor is loud as there’s a lot of weight it needs to move in the scope but my God does it move it!

A lot was learnt from this and improved in the 3D printed version but nothing beats the machined, metal parts and fibreglass shell from the original.

Thanks for looking!
Jake

Last edited:
Absolutely beautiful work! I think the more you build you will be able to fine tune and perfect it even more... not that its not already top quality!

JakeySnakey630 -- will you be offering the digital files for this eventually? And will these be .STL files? Let me know... This looks absolutely awesome!

JakeySnakey630 -- will you be offering the digital files for this eventually? And will these be .STL files? Let me know... This looks absolutely awesome!

Not anytime soon. It’s developed into a hybrid of 3D printed and metal parts so the .stls wouldn’t give you a full model anyway.

Not anytime soon. It’s developed into a hybrid of 3D printed and metal parts so the .stls wouldn’t give you a full model anyway.
Okie doke. So in case I missed it, could you let us know where these will be available when you are able? Or is this just a beautiful thing you created for yourself? The fact you created a remote to operate it really impresses me!

Okie doke. So in case I missed it, could you let us know where these will be available when you are able? Or is this just a beautiful thing you created for yourself? The fact you created a remote to operate it really impresses me!

Yes I'll start a thread specifically for my ZF1 kits when they become available and other associated upgrade parts that will come after. This has been designed to be relatively easy to assemble on your dining table or desk so everyone will be able to make their own ZF1!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back