The Fifth Element - Korben Dallas Video Security Door Panel and Phone

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

VashDstampede

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I’ve been a huge The Fifth Element movie fan for a long time and I have a bunch of replica props from the movie.

I’ve had the Citizen CK451 LCD Color TV and Video Monitor used for the original Korben Dallas’ security Video Door for a number of years now, but recently I decided to purchase another one in preparation for this build.

I just used the front panel of the monitor, since I wanted to mount an old iPhone behind it to display different displays from the movie.
I attached hinges to the top so I can access the iPhone.

I designed the control panel based on the few screen captures I had as well as a small portion of the wall area.
I cut out the piece from sintra, painted it and applied a wet transfer print. I then matched the color to paint the edges then sealed the whole thing with Krylon clear gloss.
I also duplicated the one second shot of Leeloo and made a longer clip to play.

After a trip to Home Depot to purchase the wood and paint, I printed up the patterns for the sections I needed and cut out the parts.

Some priming painting and weathering, and I have a decorative wall hanger in the same size as the 221B Baker Street Door I made a couple years ago.

2061CBCE-C411-493B-9B76-FF45A482F95E.jpeg

5F72C740-E444-4B14-9D2F-880641FD354F.jpeg

9B9880EA-DE2E-41CB-8BC5-D1543222C4D9.jpeg

938A39A3-DAD8-4704-B750-9CDBC4F49129.jpeg

All in all, it took about a week to make since I wanted the paint to dry completely.

Here’s a short video clip:

Anyway, this was a fun little project since it has been a while since I made some replica props.
Eventually, I hope to add the phone holder and phone to the left of the screen.

-Ely

Last edited:

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

VashDstampede

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
that looks amazing! Fantastic work!

Thanks Matt! I had a feeling you would appreciate this. ;)
I think your multipass kit was one of my very first The Fifth Element replicas .

I’m thinking of doing other display sections like this and perhaps a section of the Tardis may be my next project.

MattMunson

Master Member
hey all of that is great to hear!!! lol

I love the theme too. Door pieces from various fandoms. I dig it.

If you ever make Korben's phone from his apartment, please let me know I want one!

VashDstampede

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
If you ever make Korben's phone from his apartment, please let me know I want one!
I'm waiting on my Motorola 8500X to arrive to get the measurements and do a build, but I drew this up this morning just to practice:
KORBEN PHONE RENDER3.jpg

KORBEN PHONE RENDER4.png

First of its kind, amazing work!

Amazing! Really, I can't imagine it being better. Fantastic work.

That is very very cool

Super cool.
Thanks everyone! It's a labor of love when it comes to these types of builds, especially since I've had it on my to do list for almost a decade.

Last edited:

VashDstampede

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Beautiful! I have one of those phones in a box somewhere. Need to dig it out!
I knew you would have one of these phones. I purchased one on ebay and hopefully it arrives in good condition.
While I'm waiting for the actual phone, I printed my 3D sculpt. I printed the buttons in clear resin and I just used some alcohol inks to dye the SND button and the antenna (which I will switch out with an actual colored rod once I go to tap plastics this weekend.
I also designed up the lettering and printed using wet transfer decals. I might print another base since mine is a little shallow compared to the reference pictures.
All in all, I think it turned out well and I just need to wire up the lighting.
KORBEN PHONE REPLICA.jpg

Fantastic idea, beautifully realised! (y)

k I need this :lol:
Thank you! It's a pretty simple build, so I recommend making one. The monitor is only $40 to purchase and the wood was probably $15 total, plus a few more dollars on spray paints.

VashDstampede

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Here's another prop from The Fifth Element that I don't think too many people have done:
COCKROACH BUG 1.jpg

I'm just waiting on some fake rubber roaches to arrive and hopefully this fits it well enough for a quick display. The antenna is able to spin, but I may just glue it in place since it is very fragile.

VashDstampede

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Oh that’s very cool. I love a good obscure prop.

Thanks! The movie is full of obscure props, that’s one reason I love it.

I purchased some cheap rubber roaches and a robo alive roach. The robo alive is a lot larger but better shaped. I extended the antenna a bit as well since it looked a bit stubby.
I think the larger one will display better.

32C2FAF6-318B-4E17-A128-CADC582E0E94.jpeg

47F73980-EC24-4A19-83E5-742EB49897AE.jpeg

A4A62ADB-5D72-422B-BE19-6A2601FA86D9.jpeg

Last edited:

VashDstampede

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Back to Korben’s phone:

I just received my Motorola 8500X brick phone and after using a caliper to measure the buttons, I realized that I was exactly 10% too large with my replica print.
The good news is that my proportions seem to be spot on, so I just have to print a resized version.

122B4A16-53F5-4CB0-B5E1-44930CE35BA1.jpeg

I thought my print was already on the small end, but I guess it needs to be smaller.
I’ll probably reengineer the whole thing as well to be more assembly friendly.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.