The Explorers Newspaper Font

Jedifyfe

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey everyone. I need help finding the font for the Davanna County Gazette. any help would be appreciated!! If someone can give me the font for free, I will send them a finished newspaper. :)

ExplorersNewspaper3.jpg

ExplorersNewspaper.jpg

Hey everyone. I need help finding the font for the Davanna County Gazette. any help would be appreciated!! If someone can give me the font for free, I will send them a finished newspaper. :)

The title font is Globe Gothic Condensed which was used in a ton of other Earl Hays prop newspapers going back at least as far as the original Twilight Zone in 1959.

The main headline is Franklin Gothic Extra Condensed, which is also used for the Homewood School Teacher article.

Kingston Falls Riot is Tempo Bold Condensed, UFO Scare is Tempo Black Extended, Swamp Gas is Futura Bold Oblique Medium,
Water Rates is Metro Medium, Fisherman... and Meteorite Misses Baby look to be Futura MT Medium Bold and the Arson Suspect story is League Gothic

If you need them Brad, I've still got scans of all the random newspaper text from a real one, and also a scan of the story in the box.

I just found the full text of one of the lower headlines: "Water Rates Go Up in South City"

Cool. Any chance you could do a run of these papers?

Probably. I have everything I'd need except a good copy of the photo, and I could have them printed with my next run sometime this summer. :cool

I have also found a place that can print the oversized wide broadsheet pages like they used in older movie/shows, if anyone needs something like that.

Are there any other shots of this newspaper in the movie that show the rest of the lower half of the page?

Probably. I have everything I'd need except a good copy of the photo, and I could have them printed with my next run sometime this summer. :cool

I have also found a place that can print the oversized wide broadsheet pages like they used in older movie/shows, if anyone needs something like that.

Are there any other shots of this newspaper in the movie that show the rest of the lower half of the page?

I have the photo in a JPEG. Email me at jedifyfe@hotmail.com
No other shots of the second half of the paper. But I will look again.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back