The Expendables II

MooCriket

Master Member
I enjoyed the first film for what it was, and the only thing that would have made it any better for me would be if they had dropped some of their well known movie catch phrases. That said, why not a second one?

According to Randy Couture via TWITTER Twitter (update from July 22) Expendables 2 will begin filming September 20, 2011, presumably in Bulgaria which has been mentioned as the prime filming location with I'm sure a few other short visits to other locations. Expendables 2 sees the return of Sylvester Stallone, Jason Statham, Terry Crews, Randy Couture and Dolph Lundgren to the cast thus far and welcomes new arrivals Jean-Claude Van Damme and Tom Sizemore as villains. Simon West (The Mechanic) will takeover from Stallone as director. Expendables 2 hits theaters August 17, 2012!!!

July 29 update:
New interview:
Source:
Bulgaria: NU Boyana CEO David Varod: Bulgaria Can Become Europe's No 1 Filming Destination - Novinite.com - Sofia News Agency
A star-packed movie featuring Bruce Willlis, Sylvester Stallone, Jet Li, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Mickey Rourke, Jason Statham, John Travolta, Chuck Norris and Jean Claude Van Damme among others is to be shot in Bulgaria, Bulgaria-based NU Boyana studios CEO David Varod has confirmed. He talks about the much-anticipated sequel to "The Expendables", as well as other exciting prospects, in an exclusive interview for Novinite.com (Sofia News Agency).
Some very big names have been mentioned recently as very likely to shoot in Bulgaria soon, the likes of Bruce Willis and Silvester Stallone. Is there any development on that?
Yes, we are definitely going to do that project. It is going to be a sequel the "The Expendables". The shooting is going to take place the second week of September. The movie is on, definitely. It will be a very good thing for Bulgaria, since there are some very big stars coming.
Would you disclose some of the names coming for sure?
Sylvester Stallone, Jason Statham, John Travolta, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Chuck Norris, Jean-Claude Van Damme, Dolph Lundgren, Mickey Rourke...who else? Of course, Bruce Willis. The director is Simon West, who is also a name. He is already here and has started working on the film. I believe the sequel will be better than the first movie.

Holy crap even more great actors! I'm gonna love Van Damme as a villain. And i wonder if Mickey Rourke is gonna keep his Ivan Vanko hair-do?

I loved the first one, mindless action and violence with the best action stars the 80's and 90's had to offer. I'll be there opening day.

the movie wasnt bad I thought..but more to the point..I love this truck...

west-coast-3.gif

It was just a good action movie. No thinking just blowing ***** up! I can't wait for the second. Did anyone else hear the rumor that they asked Steven Segal, but he said he wouldn't do it if Van Damme was in it? Any truth to that?

I wouldn't doubt it because Van Damme and Segal have a history, where Segal was running his mouth and when Van Damme tried to fight him Segal p***** out and ran and Van Damme chased him down to a night club. Happened awhile back, but needless to say they don't like each other.

Donnie Yang is being considered! Don't know whats the deal with Taylor Lautner reading the script. If he is in it, hopefully he dies a very horrible, amusing death.

As we mentioned in an earlier Expendables 2 piece on Donnie Yen’s potential casting, the sequel's director Simon West has to hurry up on the casting front if he hopes to hit the already announced Aug. 17, 2012 release date. Well, a story up on Moviehole throws out a handful of additional names that could be joining Sylvester Stallone and Jason Statham, though they might not excite action fans the way producers had hoped.

Unless, of course, you want to see Twilight hunk Taylor Lautner, 54-year-old Christopher Lambert, current sitcom star Christian Slater or Nic Cage (!!) hanging from helicopters and battling to the death as members of the next Expendables squad. A source tells the site that in addition to Yen, offers are going out to those four actors as the production prepares to shoot in Asia. They also confirm the rumored attempts to cast John Travolta and Chuck Norris, though no movement has been made with either actor yet.

The names aren’t as far-fetched as you might believe. Slater is co-starring with Stallone in Walter Hill’s Bullet to the Head. Lambert, star of Gunmen and the Highlander series, has a part alongside Cage in next year’s Ghost Rider sequel. And Lautner would help sell the sequel to a younger demographic, naturally. Or maybe there’s some truth to those rumors that the mercs are going after vampires this time, and they want a werewolf in their arsenal?

Right off the bat, though, those names don’t carry the action-genre legacy that Bruce Willis, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Dolph Lundgren and Jet Li helped bring to the original Expendables, which earned an impressive $274 million worldwide. I can get behind a potential Face Off reunion if Travolta and Cage somehow find themselves in the finished film. But until we know for sure which actors will head into battle with Stallone, we’re going to sit back, scan plot rumors, and gear up for the sequel, which arrives in theaters almost one year from now.

Taylor Lautner, Nic Cage Latest Names On Expendables 2 Wish List - CinemaBlend.com

Some more news...
Willis and Schwarzenegger Confirmed For Expendables 2

Source: Deadline
September 6, 2011

With production set to begin next month on the Lionsgate sequel, Deadline is reporting that Bruce Willis and Arnold Schwarzenegger are set to return for The Expendables 2 in expanded "subtantial" roles.

Set to be directed by Simon West, the follow-up to the 2010 hit is currently pulling together its action hero cast with Sylvester Stallone as Barney Ross at the base. As of now, no other actors have been confirmed, but many of the original film's cast are likely.

Co-written and directed by Stallone, The Expendables also starred Jason Statham, Jet Li, Dolph Lundgren, Eric Roberts, Randy Couture, Steve Austin, David Zayas, Giselle Itie, Charisma Carpenter, Gary Daniels, Terry Crews and Mickey Rourke.

Willis is currently shooting G.I. Joe 2 and, after The Expendables 2, plans to tackle Die Hard 5. Schwarzenegger, long absent from Hollywood due to his political career, will, following the sequel, headline the Western The Last Stand, set for production in early 2012.

Willis and Schwarzenegger Confirmed For Expendables 2 - ComingSoon.net

Sad to hear there is another slap to the face of GI Joe coming out but this is going to rock. Jason Stratham is the only action heroes kids have these days. Diehard 5: Die hard or retire trying.

...Travolta? Seriously?

Because NOTHING says ACTION HERO like....

THIS GUY!!!

4342553433_218b5a80c7.jpg

Also, didn't Gary Daniels die in the last one?

Sweet! Chuck Norris and Van Damme CONFIRMED!!!
Stallone confirmed to Entertainment Weekly what has been rumored for weeks - Jean Claude Van Damme and Chuck Norris are joining the cast, and Stallone even fights Van Damme in the film: "We’ll have a big showdown between me and Van Damme, which has been anticipated for a long time, so it should be a good one," he said in the interview. He also hints that Nicolas Cage and John Travolta might be joining the cast as well.

Ain't It Cool News: The best in movie, TV, DVD, and comic book news.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back