The EXPANSE - MCRN Mars Rifle Marine Prop - Non-Cannon

Harada357

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
The Expanse uses a lot of Modified Airsoft guns as their base to modify props for the series. Although I have a lot of Cannon expanse replicas - I just had to do this.
This is a stock Airsoft Rifle - with MCRN logos and highlights. What do you think?
IMG_4107 (2).JPG

IMG_4108 (2).JPG

IMHO doesn't do it for me.

I guess you should be careful what you ask for. :) Thanks for the input.

The CSR Rifle is actually used in season 3 - but in a different stock configuration. Security forces on Illus are waving one around shooting Belters.

Nice, but did the actual MCRN weapons on the show actually have MCRN on them?

Correct.

This was a non-cannon concept. I liked the Logo. I thought it would look good on a Rifle. Just an Idea.

The logos appear all over ships and uniforms - Thought is would be cool on a weapon. Just a fan thought.

That's what I asked about thoughts. Some like it - some don't - some are not impressed. I was just curious.

I like it.

Personally, I'd get rid of the logo, it makes the gun look like a toy. No service weapon that I've ever seen has a service/branch logo or even national insignia slapped on them. At most there's a smallish symbol stamped here and there as proof marks like on German weapons during WWII which had the eagle with swastika symbol used as proof marks. The Japanese did have an imperial chrysanthemum stamped on the receivers but those were never that large nor colored in.

But that's just me. This is your build so if having a big, full color MCRN logo on the gun then more power to you.

CSI S.T.A.R. XR-5 FG-1508 Advanced Battle Rifle.

The Expanse uses a lot of Modified Airsoft guns as their base to modify props for the series. Although I have a lot of Cannon expanse replicas - I just had to do this.
This is a stock Airsoft Rifle - with MCRN logos and highlights. What do you think?
View attachment 1243313

View attachment 1243314
I think it looks great, but I cant help the weird feeling that, since its a Martian rifle, it might be cool to imagine the green parts a dark red?

I know the MCRN logo was a novel idea and not cannon - all of the comments are helpful and constructive. I think the logos in the Expanse are very well thoght out and interesting design. All I know is after I painted the rifle - it did not seem that unique on its own. I added the MCRN logo as an afterthought and it turned out I personally liked the idea. I liked seeing the logo when I looked at the rifle. So I kept it. I have a second CSR rifle - that I intend to paint and accent with addtional MCRN markings. It will be my own take on things - and an individual preference. Thank you for the input.

After looking at the rifle again, I still can't say that it looks like a proper service rifle to me. However, what it does look like is some sort of show off or presentation piece. It looks like either something the manufacturer created to either show off at an arms show to the MCRM or to show off to the public as the new rifle of the MCRM but in actual service it would be black and tan only. The other thing it looks like it could be is a retirement gift for some MCRM General, or even the Commandant, something that was privately commissioned by a bunch of his/her senior officers and NCOs. Something to say, thank you for your service, here's a little something to remember us by.

I Just found this thread and wanted to say that they used this airsoft rifle canonically in season 6! It is carried by a UN soldier and does in fact have a UN identified in the same place you put the MCRN logo.
UN Rifle.png

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back