The Expanse Big Build - Holden EVA Helmet added 04/22

Bobby's Martian Hand Terminal.

bob1a.jpg

bob2a.jpg

bobbyphone.jpg

Compact pistol from numerous episodes, notably the firefight in the dockyards in Season 4. Pistol is a Beretta PX4 Storm airsoft.
Esai1a.jpg

esai2a.jpg

Esai3a.jpg

esai4.jpg

I'm starting work on a P&K helmet build, and yours is the best one I've seen online outside the originals. Do you have anything helpful you can share, found parts or anything outside of the headlamps and Versaflo helmet? I picked one of those up for $50 on eBay and I've been slowly 3d modeling it out so I can start figuring out how to 3d print the bulk of the extra helmet.

I'm starting work on a P&K helmet build, and yours is the best one I've seen online outside the originals. Do you have anything helpful you can share, found parts or anything outside of the headlamps and Versaflo helmet? I picked one of those up for $50 on eBay and I've been slowly 3d modeling it out so I can start figuring out how to 3d print the bulk of the extra helmet.
Eh...not really :confused:

It was one of those builds where virtually everything had to be scratch-built. Very little of the Versaflo helmet is visible apart from the visor and the oxygen hose. The only other existing parts I used were some coaxial plugs for detailing on the inside of the visor where it fits round the neck, and some little screw-clamp fittings on the lamp housings. I started out by building up a 'mohawk' on top of the Versaflo and kind of figured it out from there. My workflow is extremely archaic 2d trial and error, I have zero 3d modelling skills, everything is done using a flatbed scanner and drawing out parts in Illustator. Wish I could help more, good luck!

Eh...not really :confused:

It was one of those builds where virtually everything had to be scratch-built. Very little of the Versaflo helmet is visible apart from the visor and the oxygen hose. The only other existing parts I used were some coaxial plugs for detailing on the inside of the visor where it fits round the neck, and some little screw-clamp fittings on the lamp housings. I started out by building up a 'mohawk' on top of the Versaflo and kind of figured it out from there. My workflow is extremely archaic 2d trial and error, I have zero 3d modelling skills, everything is done using a flatbed scanner and drawing out parts in Illustator. Wish I could help more, good luck!

The things I'm really scratching my head on are the gear-like pieces at the pivot point, and the "air zerk" things around the outside the visor, and whatever is lined up around the mouth on the inside of the visor. Those all look like they should be findable somewhere, I just have no idea where to even start. If you scratch built all the you did an excellent job! Also do you happen to know what materials you used for the collar, especially the part in the front with the pattern? Is that something you also did yourself or is there a rubber out there with the diamonds already on it?

The things I'm really scratching my head on are the gear-like pieces at the pivot point, and the "air zerk" things around the outside the visor, and whatever is lined up around the mouth on the inside of the visor. Those all look like they should be findable somewhere, I just have no idea where to even start. If you scratch built all the you did an excellent job! Also do you happen to know what materials you used for the collar, especially the part in the front with the pattern? Is that something you also did yourself or is there a rubber out there with the diamonds already on it?
Yeah, scratched those parts. The zerks were probably the most primitive part of the whole build :lol:

I literally made a bunch of half orbs out of sculpy in various sizes and imbedded little tubes in them. The gears were three separate pieces laser cut from acrylic sheet. The collar was all done with, I think, 4 or 5mm thick eva foam, sprayed black. That worked out pretty well because you can shape it under heat and it keeps the shape. The patterned part was done with 2mm foam laser engraved with the design. I did search around looking for patterned neoprene, but couldn't find anything suitable.

If you're ever doing a run of Julie Mao hand terminals, please let us know!
That was going to be handled by RPF'er Scapey, as he can 3d print the bottom part, but we discovered the lap-bands that were used for the lighting have virtually disappeared in the UK, at least in the correct colour.

I thought about putting these in the modelling section, but there wasn't a great deal of modelling involved, so I might as well post them here.

Eaglemoss large Rocinante Tachi repaint, Large Eaglemoss Roci with scratch built landing gear added and a heavily modded 3D print in Beratnas Gas Livery.
ships1.jpg

ships2.jpg

ships3.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back