The Evil Dead Remake Anticipation

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Movie Talk' started by groone, Nov 29, 2011.

1. groone

groone Well-Known Member

I just learned that Bruce Campbell and Sam Raimi are producing a remake of The Evil Dead. Being a fan of the franchise I await this with great enthusiasm.

2. Flagg

Flagg Sr Member

The rumors of this have been flying around for years now. What concerns me is that the last I heard Bruce wasn't going to be starring as Ash. There is only one person who can play that role. Now if they don't have Ash in it at all I would be upset as well.

Why remake it at all though? Evil Dead 2 basically was a remake of Evil Dead. I would much rather have them do a new story instead of revisiting the same cabin in the woods. I have my fingers crossed that whatever they do turns out well and that Bruce is featured heavily though.

3. Supa troop

Supa troop Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

why do this at all !!!!

4. Solo4114

Solo4114 Master Member

5. Mola Rob

Mola Rob Sr Member

I anticipate watching the original and loving it.

6. MooCriket

MooCriket Master Member

Not really feeling a remake of this. Brisco County, Jr. though...that would be a different story.

7. Maelstrom

Maelstrom Sr Member

How about Evil Dead 4 instead?!? A whole new movie based on the original ending of Army of Darkness! Why not that?

8. MooCriket

MooCriket Master Member

^That is what they should do. A crusty old Ash going back one more time to kick ***. That would be golden.