The Evel Knievel Stunt bike toy is coming back!

Yeah, the thing was damn near indestructible! Surely made out of "Black Box" technology.(y)

Too bad Evil beat the crap out of the guy who wrote that book and all his toys were pulled from the shelves. I remember those things just disappeared like dust in the wind.

Last edited:
Yeah, the thing was damn near indestructible! Surely made out of "Black Box" technology.(y)

Too bad Evil beat the crap out of the guy who wrote that book and all his toys were pulled from the shelves. I remember those things just disappeared like dust in the wind.
I looked up to him when I was a child, but years later lost all respect when I learned who he really was. He was an total a**hole. :lol:

I had loads of them and tney all ended up snapping at the top of the forks. Managed to get one recently for a really good piece so im good.

Just put my vintage one on display!

Attachments

• CK-Room-Display-02.jpg
    CK-Room-Display-02.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 261
I’d love to buy a vintage one, but I just don’t want to pay the going rates. I’ll have to order this rerelease.

We, too, had that bike and as a toy geek I of course love it but never actively pursued completing the series. I was shocked for how much they are going nowadays.

BUT! As a kid I must say that I did not see too much play value in it. How the heck did you really play with that bike? Of course, YT has a few answers:

And there we have the problem: not enough space in most households for Evel to really do his thang!!!

EDIT: Hey, is that a re-re-release of this one here ?

Last edited:
We, too, had that bike and as a toy geek I of course love it but never actively pursued completing the series. I was shocked for how much they are going nowadays.

BUT! As a kid I must say that I did not see too much play value in it. How the heck did you really play with that bike? Of course, YT has a few answers:

And there we have the problem: not enough space in most households for Evel to really do his thang!!!

EDIT: Hey, is that a re-re-release of this one here ?
I remember I was in 2nd grade and we used to get to Catholic school a half hour before the teacher, a Nun from the convent next door, would walk over and open the door. So we hung out in the hallway waiting. It was a long smooth hall and sort of inclined, with a little bump in the middle. So all us boys brought our Evel toys in and would race them down these long smooth halls and jump them. That was the ideal place and made having this toy so worth it.

Last edited:
This was one of those toys my big brother had when we were little, but he wouldn't let me get near it. It probably got destroyed once he let his STEP KIDS play with it.

this was my favorite toy....until the gears stripped. no problm though. everybody in the hood had one.
the wire in Evel's arms would break too he'd be all rubber armed.

And so the circle closes. My brother had tagged me on FB regarding Evel Knievel, but misremembered the Matchbox Power Blasters for the Evel Knievel bike. But I clearly rememberd this thread and the re-issue! Thanks for posting about this, because the re-launch does IMO go a bit unnoticed at the moment. The only reseller I found was already out of stock, no resellers over here in Germany. But lucky me got three bikes off of the California Creations website. Shipping and taxes are going to substantially add to the cost, but I do hope that it´s going to be a great birthday gift for him. And my young one (and myself *ahem*).

As a kid I must say that I did not see too much play value in it. How the heck did you really play with that bike?

I'm going to have to say I honestly have no idea what you are talking about here. What do you mean by this? Are you just referring to not having enough space to do the jumps? Even if you didn't, you still just played with it the same way you played with any other toy vehicle. You held it in your hand, said "vroom vroom" and moved it around. It worked even better that way! It could climb walls, jump infinite distances, fly, ride underwater, practically anything!!

Sooo... I just received the package. All would be well if there had been three Evel Knievels inside a suspiciously small package. But lo and behold, there was only one of three ordered items. I contacted California Creations and received a reply within twenty minutes, stating that they are going to send the missing two asap. It would have been easy to reclaim my money via Paypal, but I had to pay customs fees for three bikes and I do not know if and how Paypal handles such a claim. I am glad that atm I have one as a birthday gift for my younger brother. The other two are going to be for me and my son. One to play with and the other one goes into the collection, never to see the light of day again ...

Sooo... I just received the package. All would be well if there had been three Evel Knievels inside a suspiciously small package. But lo and behold, there was only one of three ordered items. I contacted California Creations and received a reply within twenty minutes, stating that they are going to send the missing two asap. It would have been easy to reclaim my money via Paypal, but I had to pay customs fees for three bikes and I do not know if and how Paypal handles such a claim. I am glad that atm I have one as a birthday gift for my younger brother. The other two are going to be for me and my son. One to play with and the other one goes into the collection, never to see the light of day again ...
That sucks. Hopefully they can work something out for you as far as customs.
I received mine and it is pretty cool. A different bike than I had, as this is the trail bike model, but it is still cool.

Are these available in any of the uk shops/ web sites ?
I believe the manufacturer ships worldwide.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back