The ENCOUNTER - Step by Step Paintup

PredatrHuntr

Master Member
I figured I'd start a separate thread and show the progress as I go along. I primed all the parts and then glued all the Predator limbs and Arnie limbs together. I will leave the rest unglued to make it easy for separating in case of transit. This is a massive kit and to move it from place to place in one piece freaks me out. Its very heavy and I would hate to see the thing take a topple and break on the floor. So, heres all the parts primed and glued. I'm still in awe at how there was NO trimming needed and how perfectly the parts fit together.

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

Next up some base coats...

Jay you're a life saver mate! I wasn't even gonna look at mine until I knew how to paint it properly or had great reference :) Will be watching this closely

I cosign with what the others have said here already. I have debated on getting one of theses guys simply because I have never ever in my life painted a kit! I figured there’s no use in getting one just to mess it up or have it sitting in a box until I learned how to approach painting it… I think your step by step is an excellent idea, thanks!
~Estelle :) :D

I should start painting on this tonight (crosses fingers). It's such a predicament - I want so badly to start painting this, but I have to sand down my P1 one more time before I can let myself start on this. Everytime I look at it, it screams "PAINT ME BEYOTCH!" Soon...very soon...

Moar? Is that like the sound a Predcat makes? Moooaaaar!

The P1 bio I'm working on is kicking my ass...I can't stop working on it. Hopefully I can work on it it this week.

Finally started on this, and I'm used my new airbrush for the 1st time. LOVE IT. Makes painting so much faster and funner. Ya its a word, look it up.

Base coat of brown on the tree and green for Arnies army pants. Thats all i had time for tonight...more to come!
Img_5828.jpg

I'm not getting much time to paint this, but such is life right?

Got the right skin tone for Arnie, and I tried a quick pattern on Arnie's camo pants but don't worry - it's not final - only a paint test to see how detailed my airbrush can get. I also went to Michaels to get some foliage for the diorama. I got some very cool tiny plants that should look really good on the tree and ground. Still trying to figure out how to make tiny vines to go down the tree trunk...any ideas anyone? Anywho...time for some pics:

Img_6814.jpg

Img_6868.jpg

I've just ordered mine via Dan, so I shall watch this thread with interest :)

Now it's a [couple] of weeks of anticipation waiting for it to arrive.

You mean, literally, HOW to make them? If it were up to me, I'd get some "ratty" cord or string (can't remember the name of what I picked up the other day), stain it with greens and browns, and just lay (read: glue) it along the trunk as organically as possible. There's also some floral wire type stuff, which is just a wire wrapped with greenish paper, if I'm not mistaken. You may be able to do something interesting things with that? It would make lashing the foliage to the trunk and "vines" much, much easier, too.

Been to busy packing up Freddy and some other stuff for eBay. I'm on holidays next week so hopefully I can get some painting done then. I did paint some camo patterns on, but seeing as how I've never done it before, its taking a bit longer to master. Its like spots...just different lol!

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back