THE EMPIRE AT A LOCAL SCHOOL

Cool suits......... If i was younger i would have loved that at school, then again i am older and would still love to see it..well done bro :thumbsup

Alex

Originally posted by Immortal Goat@Apr 3 2006, 02:21 AM
If I'm not mistaken, the Biker's using either a DP or a Rubies helmet, without modifications.

Still, not bad.  :thumbsup
[snapback]1218665[/snapback]​
its a rubies , i cut out the ear peices and installed a fan.

Ah, ok. Can't really see the ears with the way the Rubies have a tendency to flare out. Still, Rubies can look really nice with some body modifications. If he hasn't, have your friend check out www.bikerscout.net . I think I saw a really great tutorial on modifying the Rubies helmet to look more screen-accurate.

Also, I'm sorry if I came across as a knowitall (the bluntness of your response kinda hinted at that). When I said without modifications, I meant physical mods to reshape the body. Sorry again.

Originally posted by Immortal Goat@Apr 3 2006, 03:09 AM
Ah, ok. Can't really see the ears with the way the Rubies have a tendency to flare out. Still, Rubies can look really nice with some body modifications. If he hasn't, have your friend check out www.bikerscout.net . I think I saw a really great tutorial on modifying the Rubies helmet to look more screen-accurate.

Also, I'm sorry if I came across as a knowitall (the bluntness of your response kinda hinted at that). When I said without modifications, I meant physical mods to reshape the body. Sorry again.
[snapback]1218703[/snapback]​
HEY goat , i did not take it in a harsh way, its always good to get advise . thats what this form is for. thanks man i will check out the site you mentioned. sorry if i sounded blunt , did not mean to be.

It's no problem. It's just that the last time I gave advice, I got chewed out for it by a "vet" of the boards, saying I sounded like a knowitall.

Originally posted by Immortal Goat@Apr 2 2006, 11:20 PM
It's no problem. It's just that the last time I gave advice, I got chewed out for it by a "vet" of the boards, saying I sounded like a knowitall.
[snapback]1218718[/snapback]​

We all have a right to offer help and advice. If it is taken out of context all that needs to be done is work it out maturely.... :)

We did. He PM'd me about it, paraphrased what I had said in another thread, and I made him eat his words when I gave the link to what I actually DID say, and it was nowhere close to what he claimed I had said. Didn't hear back from him since.

Originally posted by GeneralMayhem@Apr 4 2006, 01:13 AM
You have to be careful what you say around here, and who you say it to, I've found.
[snapback]1219474[/snapback]​

Yes, you absolutely do. Unfortunate but true.

I think we are off the topic of the thread though. :)

Originally posted by darienvader@Apr 4 2006, 10:58 AM
I missed something . . . what was the event for???  You guys look great.
[snapback]1219635[/snapback]​

It was an annual fundraiser that the school has. They had a whole bunch of stuff going on. They had a booth set up for us where the kids could get their pictures taken with us for $3.00 and a digital print was supplied. All proceeds went to the school.

Thanks for the compliment. We have put a lot of work into our costumes.

I love doing these kinds of events. The looks on the kids' faces definitely makes the discomfort of the costume worthwhile. :thumbsup

Nice job, guys. :D

Originally posted by StarWars Collector@Apr 4 2006, 02:28 PM
Nice couple of "snow" troopers you have there.  :D

DarthKahnt, what kind of saber you're holding? Is it custom build?

cheers,

Leo
[snapback]1219759[/snapback]​

LOL..... :)

We really want a Snowtrooper but it isn't in the cards yet.

The lightsaber is a Larbel with the detachable blade.

Originally posted by GuntahKela@Apr 4 2006, 11:07 PM
What? with such background, no snowtroopers?
[snapback]1220046[/snapback]​

Yes, I know.... :(

We'd really like a Snowtrooper. Maybe sometime later this year.... :D

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back