The Elder Scrolls V:Skyrim Iron Helmet Pic Heavy

elektrowlad

Hi guys,

I recently made the entire set of dragon priest masks from the game, so I decided to step it up a notch.
Still cardboard and air drying clay on top and a massive amount of cheap superglue for strength.
The horns, so I don't waste a couple of packs of clay on those alone, I made out of a cardboard frame which I then filled with boiled paper, which resulted in a paper pulp paste. great filler material and it's pretty strong in the end.
Here;s some build pics and the end result as well (ignore the stencil in the sketching pics please:facepalm) :
dragonbornironhelmetskyrim36.jpg

dragonbornironhelmetskyrim42.jpg

dragonbornironhelmetskyrim44.jpg

dragonbornironhelmetskyrim56.jpg

dragonbornironhelmetskyrim7.jpg

dragonbornironhelmetskyrim37.jpg

dragonbornironhelmetskyrim40.jpg

_DSC0669.jpg

_DSC0686.jpg

_DSC0680.jpg

_DSC0682.jpg

dovahkiin2.jpg

could you post a scanned picture of half the template? if its possible it will help a lot :) great finish by the way :D well done

Just goes to show that you don't need high end materials to create an awesome looking prop. Came out looking great! And that paint job is gorgeous.

Hey guys, thank you for your appreciations, they mean a lot to me. I can't exactly put up a template here as it was made by hand, first a4 sheets of paper, then drawn out on cardboard. I did think before glueing it permanently to make another stencil on another piece of cardboard, but I've cut that one up in the process of making a daedric dagger. However, I promise you that I'll try tonight to trace the pictures in Illustrator or something and digitalize the thing. Then you can print it on whatever size you wish.

Later edit:

Forgot to add, I eyeballed the top part of the helmet, I cut triangles and then made them fit, toghether with a strip going from side to side.

I STRONGLY recommend that you don't do this, cause it's a pain to get right and to get them to sit still while the glue dries up. If I'm ever making one again, or any, of any kind, I'll do the top part as a paper mache, much easier.

Last edited:
thats the exact same method i would have used :p i'll try and make up a template for my own.... and yeah, paper mache is much better to use :)

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back