The Elder Scrolls V:Skyrim Dragon Priest Masks All of them

Discussion in 'Replica Props' started by elektrowlad, Jan 15, 2012.

1. elektrowlad

elektrowlad New Member

Here you go guys, just thought I'd share these with you...By the way, this is my first prop build ever...

The first one(Krosis) I made on a whim.

Here's the process : I used air drying modelling clay, cardboard, superglue and watercolor and acrylic paints. I've cut out the cardboard, for clay support and then soaked the surface a bit, so the clay would adhere. Then I added the first layer on top of which I added the details (having to make a rather large batch, I made stencils for the details so I would cut them pretty much the same each time)
    After much sanding and adding more clay I painted them then coated them in clear matte lacquer...

Here's some photos of the build (wish there were more) :

View attachment 81277
    View attachment 81278
    View attachment 81279

I tried to make them wearable...Krosis, with smoke coming out... View attachment 81287

And a circlet :
    View attachment 81288
    View attachment 81289

All of them (minus Krosis), on my couch, badly cropped photo :lol:

View attachment 81286

Thanks for reading guys! Btw, I'm making the dragonborn helmet now, same materials, but taking lots more pictures.

Later edit : Here's the lot, in a photobucket album : http://photobucket.com/dragonpriestmasks

Last edited: Jan 16, 2012
  2. Skaar

Skaar Active Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Wow amazing job man!

3. HiddenxBlade

HiddenxBlade New Member

amazing! I have a group of friends doing this with me for comic con :D They're going as dragoon priests, and I'm going as deagonborn to battle them.

4. Wolfdagon

Wolfdagon Well-Known Member

Very cool.