The Denix 1189 Catalonian

in all seriousness i would, but id never get it into the UK. customs would be all over it.

have to have a search around in blighty i guess.

totally forgot about the new rules in the uk regarding firearms and replicas...

not even this piece would make it through?...

i would imagine you could find someone in spain or italy that you could get one from..when i went to spain there were all kinds of flintlocks in tourist shops and such

Yeah that company is a joke someone finally called and left a message on my machine sounds like they have to get them directly from the comapny that makes them and they are discontinued so no go. Heres mine what a awsome piece I may have it engraved allthough the plate on the one in the film had been replaced with a larger one to fit the name and date on it.
flint3.jpg

flint2.jpg

flint1.jpg

flint.jpg

flint4.jpg

That thing is sweet !!!!
Yeah its a nice piece in my collection even if I never do another Predator suit which I still dont think I will. Its cool to have around I may ven have the custom plate on the other side made it just is held on with 2 screws I can allways put the original back on. Im getting some pics with Julians suit with this bad boy on it before shipping the suit to him. Hes still getting his original flintlock he purchased. Sorry little buddy this baby is mine.

guess since they have discontinued them,... it makes them much harder to get...

if you get one hold on to that puppy....

funny thing about the gun, when i've sported it with the suit and for those who don't know the history of it in the movie...i get more questions on it than any other piece of the costume.

guess since they have discontinued them,... it makes them much harder to get...

if you get one hold on to that puppy....

funny thing about the gun, when i've sported it with the suit and for those who don't know the history of it in the movie...i get more questions on it than any other piece of the costume.
I bet its a awsome piece to have mine has some small imperfections but its still sweet. I finally saw a pic of your suit with it on the pics I seen before had a different one on it. I think this may be one piece I will hold onto for a long time to come if even only to display.

We can get Denix flint locks here in the UK but like you say that particular one is long discontinued, I brought one, not the same but still very nice and a great add on to the costume. But I still keep my eye open for one of those. Good find bro :)

If they are so hard to locate now, one of the guys who owns one should mold it to make resin versions because there seems to have been a larger influx of people trying to make Grayback costumes in the recent future. Granted it's not as cool as having a real wood one, but it would still be nice for the Grayback fans trying to make an accurate looking costume.

If they are so hard to locate now, one of the guys who owns one should mold it to make resin versions because there seems to have been a larger influx of people trying to make Grayback costumes in the recent future. Granted it's not as cool as having a real wood one, but it would still be nice for the Grayback fans trying to make an accurate looking costume.
Yeah I dont think I will be molding it up would have to take it appart in pieces to make some sperate molds. And I dont want to be doing that it would actually be a pain in the ass to make a mold of it. They make a few different flintlocks that look nice on the greyback suit so this one is just the icing on the cake. Theres pics of mine and the one Julian got for his suit in his finished suit thread. They both look just fine on it.

So where did you end up getting it inkmonster?
I got lucky and happend to find the only one Ive ever seen listed on ebay. Im shure there were more back in the day when they were still being made. I wasnt the only one bidding that knew what it was used for the bidding allmost went beyond what I was gonna spend.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back