The Definitive Marvel's Daredevil thread

At this point, I am totally going to agree. A custom fabric is not what I was wanting to hear at all. At least there are several fabrics out there that look the part, the weave just may not be as wide. Guess I am going to head out to the fabric stores this morning and see what is even available. I am willing to to settle for a good substitute that hopefully will fit my budget better than custom made fabrics.

Considering how little we see the suit im not willing to pay loads of money because im willing to bet next time we see daredevil his costume will have changed

This is my eBay watch list at the moment. Not bad for UK prices.

DD 1.PNGDD 2.PNG

These might be my wife's leggings. She was very supportive. We've only got 2 episodes left to watch.

11133780_1636130006616120_5730434199778593370_n.jpg

I'm also very positive that the type of compression shirt is changed throughout the first season. Sometimes the seams appear to be very red and vibrant, and sometimes just all black. The shirt in this pic looks like the seams were colored with something like a sharpie. Not very appearent.
g473Fc2.jpg
pQuJmFE.jpg <----

Tried to find some info..
back of pants black suit.jpgtatical pants black suit.jpg
Back of the pants has pockets with a button, no flap. Seen this a few times in the show. Thought they were tactical pants, but the thigh pocket zipper is too straight. The corner of the pocket looks to be seen on the 2nd image, and it appears to be at an angle so that is why I thought tactical cargo. Closest I could find were concealed cargo uniform pants like flying cross makes, but the zipper pocket is not right. May be hiking pants, found some of those that looked the part but were convertible which his pants aren't. So I am stuck on this one for now.

Last edited:
Is the wist guard the McDavid lastic wrist support?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Mcdavid-lastic-Wrist-Support/dp/B003554IAU/ref=pd_sim_sg_8?ie=UTF8&refRID=1AQ58033QMKHS0B3YAZJ

pNn9Gke.jpg41sbijY1nrL.jpg

41sbijY1nrL.jpg

pNn9Gke.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly thought! It's pretty fun watching everyone collectively find every piece and material of the costumes. With enough money someone can make a very accurate, functional DD costume.

I myself am looking into his red billy clubs and I hope more people do as they figure out the costumes so we can all help each other.

I myself am looking into his red billy clubs and I hope more people do as they figure out the costumes so we can all help each other.

I'm looking into those too! I want to put together a prototype, but I'm confused how they attach/detach...any ideas?

I'm really interested in his baton upgrade. They seem to be solid metal, with the majority being a knurled rod painted red. What's really interesting and confusing is the silver sections and the locking mechanism. I've grabbed some screenshots, one of which shows off a clear button of some sort and small holes for the locking system. Does anyone know how these attach/detach?
View attachment 463531View attachment 463532View attachment 463533View attachment 463534View attachment 463535View attachment 463536

I'm looking into those too! I want to put together a prototype, but I'm confused how they attach/detach...any ideas?

The only thing that came to my mind was the locking mechanism of a crutch. Maybe something similar? It's not threaded atleast, that's for sure.
img_8789.jpg
Looks to be a little knob in this pic:
Screen Shot 2015-04-12 at 6.52.28 PM.png

Last edited:
Is the wist guard the McDavid lastic wrist support?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Mcdavid-lastic-Wrist-Support/dp/B003554IAU/ref=pd_sim_sg_8?ie=UTF8&refRID=1AQ58033QMKHS0B3YAZJ

View attachment 463877View attachment 463876

Nice work!

That looks really close, and if we have correctly identified the other pads as also made by McDavid this would fit with everything else. I'm hesitant to mark anything confirmed because I want this to be a real "definitive thread", so I'd like to reference a few more screenshots compared to this.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think those wrist guards are on the money, Shade :)

I notice Amazon have sold out of black cotton mesh fabric :p Speaking of, does anyone else think there is something under the mask to give it some shape? Or could that just be the layering of the fabric?

Just ordered my compression shirt. I'll start putting the other bits and pieces together as I go. The pants and the mask ase still going to be tricky.

And then there's the red suit...

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider

Last edited:
Now that we know the red suit is custom material I have no idea what I plan to use. Standing in the middle of a fabric store right now depressed. Got the cotten mesh in my hands now, but I don't want the black suit.

Guess I will order some material online even though I hate not seeing it first. Looking around, I am guessing I need something that can take rit dye too. Suit looks pretty dark even in scenes where light hits it.

Got this really good detail shot of his shirt. Now I still belive the shirts changes on each of his outings but this shows a printed octagon pattern on the shirt as well. And we get a good shot of his arm padding as well.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    782 KB · Views: 764
Nice work!

That looks really close, and if we have correctly identified the other pads as also made by McDavid this would fit with everything else. I'm hesitant to mark anything confirmed because I want this to be a real "definitive thread", so I'd like to reference a few more screenshots compared to this.

Thanks. I'm pretty new to all this and its nice to give something back for a change. :)

Got this really good detail shot of his shirt. Now I still belive the shirts changes on each of his outings but this shows a printed octagon pattern on the shirt as well. And we get a good shot of his arm padding as well.
I saw that too this morning, thought the pattern was caused from pads under his shirt while compressed while rolling around the dirt and dust.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back