The Definitive DC Extended Universe Batsuit Research Thread

IMG_7645.JPG

60D9A4F7-8A98-47FA-B5B5-68C523840149.jpg IMG_9922.JPG

For those that didn't know, it turns out we have already seen the Justice League cowl in action. Reshoots for Suicide Squad. Here it is in comparison to the DOJ/original shoot mask.

I don't think it looks too bad in action. It's actually growing on me a little.

Gives you some looks at both batsuits. I've been reading the folks at WB sayingt the new cowls have more "thin pockets" that allow the actor to turn his head. Judging by the last part of the trailer, it looks like we're back in the 90s with a Batman that can't turn his head.

Last edited by a moderator:
I found out a little while back that they ran a couple foam cowls...the one in Suicide Squad for example was foam. There may be a little bit of mobility in those specific cowls, but the urethane rubber ones? Not a chance.

Return of the Bat-turn for sure.

Such a shame they didn't give credit where credit is due to Iron Heads Studios in BvS, we finally had a great onscreen bat suit, dare I say revolutionary with the cowl, and it shows in this trailer man, I really dont like how he cant turn his head and the way Ben's head looks in the cowl, what a shame.

What buggers me as well regarding that cowl, is that they could make a two piece cowl and easily make it look like a one piece cowl with CGI, avoiding the bat turn, and the discomfort for Affleck... I mean if they can do the cgi capes half the time...

Something as subtle as turning your neck makes a huge difference in delivery.

tumblr_nyro59pawv1ry8rcwo7_540.gif
tumblr_oasdgvHHPw1uorz8zo3_500.gif
giphy-16.gif

What buggers me as well regarding that cowl, is that they could make a two piece cowl and easily make it look like a one piece cowl with CGI, avoiding the bat turn, and the discomfort for Affleck... I mean if they can do the cgi capes half the time...

QFFT. There's no excuse when you have characters like Cyborg that are 95% CGI. They better animate all of his fight sequences.

Yesterday on Vero Snyder said: "The Cowl is more flexible in this movie than BVS I think that's just drama"

I think he has no reason to lie, I can certainly take his word for it.
What do you guys think?

Last edited:
Based on the budget of BvS, I'd say Zack Snyder has over 250 million reasons to **** on our legs and tell us it's raining.

https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/t_original/iluloobdcut5xjjt5utn.gif

Oh yeah, very flexible.

Your argument is strong here, I wouldn't say I'm 100% confident in his words.

But what about the tactical suit?
Do you think it has the same problem?
I mean we've seen it in action but I couldn't tell, the shot was very fast.

( although it appeared to me that his head was in different direction from his shoulders) so Snyder might have been bragging about that siut.

What do you think?

Your argument is strong here, I wouldn't say I'm 100% confident in his words.

But what about the tactical suit?
Do you think it has the same problem?
I mean we've seen it in action but I couldn't tell, the shot was very fast.

( although it appeared to me that his head was in different direction from his shoulders) so Snyder might have been bragging about that siut.

What do you think?

For all we know he could be saying it's more flexible in that when they do all-cgi animated takes of Batman, it's more flexible (which in that case it would be as it's not real).

As for the tactical suit, we haven't seen enough of it to tell. However, if they couldn't crack the code to making a flexible cowl for the regular suit, why would they for the tactical suit? If they did make a flexible cowl for the tactical suit, why not do the same for the regular suit?

It seems there is a chance of DC getting Ironhead Studios back for the solo Batman film. http://comicbook.com/dc/2017/04/15/ben-affleck-batsuit-the-batman/

"I really like something that's new -- haven't done before. And if I have done it, I like to see where else I can push it. You know, what's the next thing. Like I may... We'll see if it comes down to the next Batman film. If and when it comes back... When it comes back ... if they reach out, I would love to reimagine that. I'd love to see what else we can bring to it, like more movement. Just more visceral. Anything I can bring. I love something new."

Last edited by a moderator:
So I just came back from JL and ofcourse no spoilers regarding to the plot, but just interms of the flexibilty of the cowl, he can turn his head very easily on the tactical version. However, for the other suit (the one that looks similar to BvS) he cant turn his head.

So I just came back from JL and ofcourse no spoilers regarding to the plot, but just interms of the flexibilty of the cowl, he can turn his head very easily on the tactical version. However, for the other suit (the one that looks similar to BvS) he cant turn his head.

That's too bad, though I was expecting a "mummy-Batman" as Affleck called it. I just hope he stays on board for more as it's now being hinted Reeves may be planning to replace Affleck with a 5'11 Jake Gyllenhaal. I like Gyllenhaal. He's a great actor, but at his size, he's not capable of bringing the same physicality to the role, much like Bale.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back