The Definitive DC Extended Universe Batsuit Research Thread

Re: The Definitive BvS: Dawn Of Justice Batsuit Research Thread

e674391701b609326d8cbd7c343f755b.jpg
'

Thought I'd show some recent purchases here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What is everyone using for their gloves and how are you guys attaching the knuckle pieces?

Any updates?

Still looking for the fabric. We know what we need, we just have some trouble actually finding it. Everything else is lined up and ready, except the design that was a bit delayed due to my exams. Essentially we need to have this done before end of July anyway, that's our deadline.

What is everyone using for their gloves and how are you guys attaching the knuckle pieces?
I couldn't find a perfect match for the gloves, so I spoke to our Indy Magnoli here about making some. He's got some stuff to finish first, but he's willing to open an interest thread soon, so keep an eye on the classified section if you screen accuracy is what you want. Otherwise, some simple black leather gloves would do I guess. Oh and locite gel works well to glue stuff to leather, such as the knuckles.

Yeah me too, although he had a few things to take care of first before he could tackle this. Now in the mean time, that cape of yours is truly awesome ! Still drying at the moment, and I'll have to go ever it one more time with a wet rack to remove the last traces of powder, but as soon as it's done, I'll take a pic of it mounted !

Well, the general pattern of the body suit is globally the same, it's also the same tire track texture on it, but I can't tell if it's really darker than the BvS suit or not. In some instance, the BvS suit did look dark as well. Other than that,it seems they added the armor plates between the muscle suit and the fabric layer, added some kind of armor plate on top of the same gauntlets, and the cowl has quite a few differences too. The rest looks the same, belt, boots and cape...

It looks like they left off the gold highlights and blue shadows from the BVS suit. I wonder if the JL photo was an unfinished suit, or if they won't be painting the fabric?
The fins on the gauntlets also have a much more aggressive shape. More like the Begins gaunts. This can be seen in the trailer when batman drops down in profile.
I'm not entirely sure the tire track pattern is the same as it looks very sloppy in some photos. We'll have to see better pics of it to tell for sure though I'm fairly certain it isn't fabric from Ironhead's run.

Overall, the whole suit seems to be missing Jose's touch. At least Wilkinson finally got the hard edge design he wanted..

The cowl is definitely more "Nolan-y" with the eyebrow shaping, and the overall curvature of the head. It's sleaker, almost reminding me of the Daredevil Netflix Season 2 cowl in how much it's curved.

The suit itself looks like they took the pattern of the BvS one and then just put additional patches on top of it, to lend itself a more "Armoured" look to match the Injustice Stylings of the rest of them. Which in my opinion is a shame, I was really liking the BvS/Comic styling, instead of the usual Batarmour we get in the movies. Shame that BvS is our High water mark on comic styling thus far. It also doesn't really make too much sense because while in BvS they establish the cowl is armoured, the suit was supposedly meant to be more "guy in a suit" than "armour" so adding patches on top, and so scattershot, really makes it seem almost like Bruce just had patches to cover holes, and put them on strategically so he could feel armoured as well.

The belt seems to be the same, as do the boots. The Gauntlets look to be the same base pattern from BvS, but with additional strapping and armouring. I disagree with MMM on the finshape change, I think what you're seeing there is the gold edging on the fin glinting in the light, but we aren't seeing the inside line so it just looks like it has a strut back. I think it's still the slanted rectangle-ish shape from BvS.

Like what they've released of the Batmobile pictures, it looks like they took every part of BvS, and just sort of put more stuff on top of it. Like Bruce is just upgrading his suit as he goes. Which makes sense, but I wish they were doing it in a better way, because I feel that this design is busier than the last suit, which for all the films flaws, was a great suit.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back