The deal on the MR EP III Vader helmet?

squirk

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I was about to order one, but I see that they are backordered. I also see that MR has posted here about quality control issues with other helmets.

So I just wanted to see if I could get a summary of what's going on with these Vader helmets. Are they shipping? Are they delayed? I just don't want to shell out $900 and then have it sit in limbo.

Please no bashing. I just want to know the current status quo.

Thanks,

Squirk

Do a search and you'll find all the problems mentioned in various threads. In short, no one knows exactly what's going on.

If I were you, I would use the money on other fun things....

Originally posted by Lynn TXP 0369@Mar 11 2006, 06:15 PM
Your opening a can of worms here... ;)

Lynn
[snapback]1203775[/snapback]​

Thanks, guys. Yeah, I figured as much, but I'm on dial-up at the moment and didn't want to have to load a multitude of undoubtedly long threads to get the full skinny.

I'll hold off for now.

Thanks,

Squirk

Originally posted by squirk@Mar 11 2006, 06:20 PM

Thanks, guys.  Yeah, I figured as much, but I'm on dial-up at the moment and didn't want to have to load a multitude of undoubtedly long threads to get the full skinny.

I'll hold off for now.

Thanks,

Squirk
[snapback]1203783[/snapback]​

Basically they were late to arrive, quility sucked the big one, put on hold until they can be fixed, no new news.

Lynn

Originally posted by CTF@Mar 12 2006, 11:41 AM
Remember, MR doesn't charge you until it ships...
[snapback]1203795[/snapback]​

Also remember if you live outside the U.S, and have a faulty item & it's costs a arm & leg too have MR ship to you, it'll cost double that sending it back to get it sorted out and getting the item back.
MR don't give a stuff about their customers outside the U.S, once they charge your credit card, anything to rectify a faulty item ends.

Originally posted by CTF@Mar 11 2006, 06:41 PM

Yes, but I never like the idea of having a charge on my card just kinda hanging out there, never knowing when it's going to going to be applied. Next week? Next month? Six months? I hate that.

Plus, if there are quality-control issues, I'll just sit back and wait until the issues sort themselves out.

Thanks,

Originally posted by squirk+Mar 11 2006, 09:54 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(squirk @ Mar 11 2006, 09:54 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-CTF
@Mar 11 2006, 06:41 PM

Yes, but I never like the idea of having a charge on my card just kinda hanging out there, never knowing when it's going to going to be applied. Next week? Next month? Six months? I hate that.

Plus, if there are quality-control issues, I'll just sit back and wait until the issues sort themselves out.

Thanks,
[snapback]1203881[/snapback]​
[/b]

....apparently, it's gonna be a long wait.....mid to late summer...

That's OK. So long as the quality is high and they ship promptly, I don't mind waiting 'til summer. Dealing with refunds or exchanges for crappy product is far more aggravating, IMHO.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back