The David Prowse Estate Auction is online!

jle2199

I feel many people here would be very very interested in the items contained in the estate.

There are costumes, lightsabers, signed pictures, and even a piece of the Millenium Falcon!

Falcon piece

Last edited:
The bids have generally blown past the estimates. Some notable items:

A signed photo from Gary Coleman:

A photo of Sebastian Shaw as Darth Vader but signed by Mr Prowse:

Several items from his time as the Green Cross Code Man, including his costume:

Last edited:
Don't forget to add the 20-30% in sales charges and taxes to any of those current bid prices. Costs soon spiral when you add them in.
Will be interesting to see what the est script goes for after the event.

That MPP is not vintage yet a replica too, check the font and distance between the letters and the black plastic sleeve underneath the clamp :

db02cefe-f3fe-4b81-bb0b-ad0e00e30664.jpg

To my real genuine MPP :

MPP - Microflash.jpg

Chaïm

Heh, I know it's small beans but back when I was starting out as a designer I worked at Model and Collector's Mart. I designed and printed one of the posters in the auction as a backdrop for Mr Prowse when he was doing signings. That brings back some memories. Good times.

The Graflex is definitely a Korbanth/Parks - not some prototype.

That MPP looks like a Parks V1.

I feel slightly for the people who bought those....

I wouldn't mind owning a Parks MPP that came from Prowse's personal collection. That's where the value is. I doubt anyone is bidding on it thinking its the actual prop. The auction certainly isn't worded that way. I think they're using the "prototype" verbage to get around any issues with LFL and the fact it's an unlicensed replica.

The graflexes were described as "prototypes" for replicas, not prototypes from the movies production. But the MPP description says "an original vintage Microflash Micro Precision Products Ltd made" ... and it sure does not look like it is.
I hope whoever paid that much for the MPP realized it is a replica, but never the less saw the value as a Vader's ligtshaber replica coming from Prowse's collection.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back