The Cut Above

I've had the Predette kit for many years.
Here's my custom build up.
Larry
predette.jpg

It would be even more impressive if it resided in Vancouver with me - no - REALLY!

The "Hogans Bones" female you refer to (sculpted by Bob Baggy) was called "To Die For" - STILL one of my fave Pred kits to this day. Dan's site has pics of one of the copies I own:

I opened the box for my To Die For kit, saw all of those complicated resin and white metal parts, and promptly put it back in the box. It was a little overwhelming. That Cut Above kit is very large if my memory serves me. Especially when you add the base. Get it painted nicely, and it would be a very impressive piece, oddity that it may be.

I opened the box for my To Die For kit, saw all of those complicated resin and white metal parts, and promptly put it back in the box. It was a little overwhelming ....

Gorgeous sculpture though. Since I have 2, I keep toying with the idea of sending 1 to Joe Dunaway to get him to build it up - one day perhaps.

I had the chance of buying the original (huge) box art from Mike H, but he wanted more than I was willing to pay. Shame, wouldn't have minded owning that little piece of GK history to go with the kit itself.

That Cut Above kit is very large if my memory serves me. Especially when you add the base. Get it painted nicely, and it would be a very impressive piece, oddity that it may be.

Yeah - but I still think you should sell me your copy - just think of those car payments, the mortgage, all those Narin kits you want, feeding your 25 kids ... you should let me take some of the pressure off

Gorgeous sculpture though. Since I have 2, I keep toying with the idea of sending 1 to Joe Dunaway to get him to build it up - one day perhaps.

I had the chance of buying the original (huge) box art from Mike H, but he wanted more than I was willing to pay. Shame, wouldn't have minded owning that little piece of GK history to go with the kit itself.

Yeah - but I still think you should sell me your copy - just think of those car payments, the mortgage, all those Narin kits you want, feeding your 25 kids ... you should let me take some of the pressure off

I would have to think about that. I wouldn't even know what is a fair price since it is so obscure. I don't know if I will ever build it (unless Joe D. would do it for his magazine as an ultr-rare garage kit). But then again, it is almost guaranteed that I will never see another one. Whatever the small run was, I'm sure that a number of them are gone forever.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back