The Custom Saber Shop replica Replica MPP flash with grips question

I could be wrong but I was under the impression that it's a Parks saber. I could be totally wrong about that though.

Indeed ... Parks but hassle free if and when they have them readily available ... so ask before buying!

Chaim

Indeed ... Parks but hassle free if and when they have them readily available ... so ask before buying!

Chaim

According to how their web page software works, TCSS has four available (you add 999 to the Quantity window and click the black up arrow next to it and the number changes to the correct amount of stock on hand).

I bit. 3 in stock now. I'll cross my fingers. Can't be worse than waiting for parks, right? :p

Wanted to order a MPP clamp there. They want 44$ for shipping. That makes approx. 80$ for a replica clamp :wacko

Ask some assistance of a befriended rpf-er overseas ... that's a rediculous amount of shipping or try and send them an email requesting first-class shipping instead of priority perhaps they will oblige?

Chaim

Thank you for all the responses.

How is the accuracy of these???

How do they compare to the Master Replicas Vader ANH because I loved mine and was very happy with it???

Very accurate. And yes parks. I mean they're super close to the real deal. Quality on par with parks Graflex replicas.

Very accurate. And yes parks. I mean they're super close to the real deal. Quality on par with parks Graflex replicas.

I was studying this compared to the MR and it looks like MR is more refined, grips bottom cut to accommodate the rear raised ring area, o rings type pieces at each end of the clamp, textured emitter/blade shroud thing. I assume none of these details were on the actual prop???

Decisions, decisions,........

You cant go wrong with TCSS.. (as I've said many times)

I would also shoot him an email.. hes always been honest about the shipping stuff.. if the site says more, he refunds the difference if actually costing less.

I actually have one of these myself... (been waiting to do an internals reveal..etc)

I could take pics if needed (after I get home from work)

You cant go wrong with TCSS.. (as I've said many times)

I would also shoot him an email.. hes always been honest about the shipping stuff.. if the site says more, he refunds the difference if actually costing less.

I actually have one of these myself... (been waiting to do an internals reveal..etc)

I could take pics if needed (after I get home from work)

That would be awesome. Thank you.

I found their saber making function and spent about two hours designing my personal saber.

I was studying this compared to the MR and it looks like MR is more refined, grips bottom cut to accommodate the rear raised ring area, o rings type pieces at each end of the clamp, textured emitter/blade shroud thing. I assume none of these details were on the actual prop???

Indeed the original MPP has a plastic sleeve under the clamp not O-rings ... and the grips bottoms are not cut to accomade the rear raised area, since on the MPP endcap it's less raised. The MR is more idealised to say the least when compared to a vintage MPP ... and Parks replicated the MPP as close as can be ... you could even pop a flashbulb with it when batteries were added inside :wacko

(Pictures Courtesy parfaitelumiere)

The shroud is supposed to be wrinkle painted ... a process done with painting the shroud and heating/drying in an oven to create those wrinkles :

(Picture Chaim Murzan Photography)

Chaim

Last edited:
There are two ANH versions. One has black sidebars like this one, but the one we most often see has bare-aluminium ("silver") sidebars.
The silver sidebars are the same shape as these, only not black. I don't know what the black finish really is: paint, powder coating or anodizing.

I made new silver sidebars out of aluminium for my (and a friend's) Parks MPP replica. I borrowed a drill press and made the rest by hand with hacksaw, file and sandpaper. It is doable.

If you are going to be really accurate to the ANH version, then you would have a bent nail instead of the clamp lever. You might want to design the sidebars you are making to fit the nail you are using.

The real MPP that Parks used to make his (the one from Ghosthost) had the larger vertical oval opening, making the Parks MPP more accurate to the ANH version. The main ESB/ROTJ MPP had the vertical oval the same size as the horizontal oval openings.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention, hahaha :lol :cool I'd been contemplating getting a Parks saber, but from what I've heard, the wait times can stink and communication isn't the best. I've ordered a number of things from TCSS by this point; they ship quickly and the prices are quite reasonable. I just HAD to order one of these. Anyone know what the grip material is? If it's rubber, I'll definitely be putting some plastic t-track on, and of course one of Roy's replica shrouds once they're available.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back