The Bug Hunter Narin WIP - update

medorik

Hello folks......

I really love this narin's kit taken from Dan (predatorstuff), very dinamic and original......even if the resin is not so good (a lot of hours to build it)

The Alies is almost done, I have just to make the alien frontal head more shining and maybe go with a light dark color here and there

dsc02642copy.jpg

dsc02641copy.jpg

dsc02639copyp.jpg

dsc02643copy.jpg

And if you like it this is the little step by step on it

thanks for looking
Mauro

Base color
dsc02630a.th.jpg

Dry brush
dsc02631x.th.jpg

over Dry brush with airbrush

dsc02632i.th.jpg
mottling
dsc02634r.th.jpg.png

glazing (with black)
dsc02635copy.th.jpg

adding blu e silver for the biomech
dsc02636copy.th.jpg

mist white in selected area (to give to the blu an interference effect)
dsc02638no.th.jpg

dsc02642copy.jpg

dsc02641copy.jpg

dsc02639copyp.jpg

dsc02643copy.jpg

dsc02630a.th.jpg

dsc02631x.th.jpg

dsc02632i.th.jpg

dsc02634r.th.jpg.png

dsc02635copy.th.jpg

dsc02636copy.th.jpg

dsc02638no.th.jpg

Huge amount of detail going on here between the Nairn sculpt and custom paintjob. Great stuff.
BTW who is Nairn? Keep seeing the name but can't find out if it's an individual or a company. Sculpts are amazing.

Great stuff Medorik.

Love the WIP, I have huge trouble painting Aliens since its all brushes for me - no airbrush.

Keep it coming, I love watching your paintups develop.

Crawjaw, Narin is a person. He sculpts lots of Predator characters amongst other things and his kits are killer.

For instance, he sculpted the Death Warrior and Bad Blood kits which are getting so much publicity on predatorstuff.com at the moment.

Here's a link to his website. It's in Thai...

Narin's website

Crawjaw, Narin is a person.
Ah ha, no wonder I had problems finding info. The guys name is Narin, I've been typing Nairn. Amazing how you see something over and over but don't read it properly or say it out loud. Thanks Destroyer for bringing my dyslexia to my attention.
Narin is one of the most gifted sculptors I've ever seen.

Thank you SO MUCH for the step by step photos! THose are very much apprediated by this guy right here! gives me a LOT of ideas about painting aliens, so thanks a lot for that, Mauro. Great work so far!

Strikes me you've done this sort of thing many times before. Finished pieces should look great judging by your progress shots and thanks for the step by step info. Alien's transluscent paint effect looks great.

Yeah, this is just so good. I really appreciate the step-by-step photos you took. It's a lot of valuable insight into your painting process, which I think is one of the best on the forum. Can't wait to see the finished piece!

Looks great! I just wish you'd put the paints you used in the Predator WIP as well for future reference.

Can you set out what colours you used for the skin so far?

sure....skin base mix of golden colors: white + transp yellow oxide, transp red oxide transp shading grey

first mottling base + transp yellow oxide

second mottling + shading very transp raw umber

mist over color base

for the spot area freestyle transparen leather tan after freestyle transp burnt siena and final transparent raw umber

After I come back on the skin and with a very very thin of base color + white push the color in the spot area

at last but not least a mottling mist of freestyle gold toner

sorry but in photo you can see all this differnt effects on the skin!!!!!

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back