The Boys (Amazon Prime Video)

I’ve been waiting for this too! I imagine they might have to tone down a few things from the comic.

Haven't read the comics,.....but I don't think that they have toned down aything

3 episodes watched now, love it

J

Last edited:
IMG_20190725_194013.jpg

I took this picture the other night, turning on the first episode of the boys. And I just sat there for a minute, contemplating whether or not I had the fortitude to watch a show that had ALL the warnings. LoL. But I persevered.

I'm actually part way through episode 5 right now. it's been a curious show to watch. It's frustrating to see some of the heroes just be such awful human beings.

sadly, I suspect this might be a much more realistic interpretation of what a world with X-Men and superheroes in it would actually be like.

Hmmm. finished it. I'm conflicted on the ending; or rather, the kind of lack of an ending.

I wish there had been a bit more wrap up and "finishing" to a story than there was. This just feels more like a "mid season cliffhanger" than the end to a full season of something.

I'm only 2 episodes in and it's got me hooked! Hopefully this gets a green light for a second season, unlike many of the shows I was hooked on and got unceremoniously axed (The Colony, The Mist, The Expanse, Agents of Shield - although that was getting tired).

I'm only 2 episodes in and it's got me hooked! Hopefully this gets a green light for a second season, unlike many of the shows I was hooked on and got unceremoniously axed (The Colony, The Mist, The Expanse, Agents of Shield - although that was getting tired).

"The Boys scored an early Season 2 renewal, which executive producer Seth Rogen confirmed at San Diego Comic-Con. The renewal was announced just one week before the premiere of Season 1 on July 26."

J

That was scary to watch, and at moments had the right nod to this reality that I couldn't help but smile (or cringe) at times. I enjoyed it. Still wonder what the obsession with capes is all about, but I don't have a 'hero' costume - yet :unsure:. Bring on the behind the scenes reels, and season 2!

I am a big Karl Urban fan, but I’ll readily say the trailers for this did nothing...and I mean nothing...for me.

That said, I watched the first one because a friend I GENERALLY trust when it comes to these things told me I should...

...holy crap!!!

I LOOOOVE it.

The take on superheroes of them basically being just dicks is fantastic. Absolute power corrupts absolutely. This story takes that idea and runs with it.

I’m only halfway through but this has been fantastic.

Two observations...

1. The event that kind of kicks the story into gear...I wasn’t sure whether or not it was supposed to be tragic...because I’m going to be honest, I lost it...I couldn’t stop laughing.

2. I have a LIMITED knowledge of the source material, and thus far (through four episodes) they’ve done a bit of a poor job of explaining who, exactly, The Boys are. That said, that could be explained in an episode I haven’t watched yet.

I am a big Karl Urban fan, but I’ll readily say the trailers for this did nothing...and I mean nothing...for me.

That said, I watched the first one because a friend I GENERALLY trust when it comes to these things told me I should...

...holy crap!!!

I LOOOOVE it.

The take on superheroes of them basically being just dicks is fantastic. Absolute power corrupts absolutely. This story takes that idea and runs with it.

I’m only halfway through but this has been fantastic.

Two observations...

1. The event that kind of kicks the story into gear...I wasn’t sure whether or not it was supposed to be tragic...because I’m going to be honest, I lost it...I couldn’t stop laughing.

2. I have a LIMITED knowledge of the source material, and thus far (through four episodes) they’ve done a bit of a poor job of explaining who, exactly, The Boys are. That said, that could be explained in an episode I haven’t watched yet.

When I watched it I was caught up in the special effects...it took a few days for my brain to catch up as to what happened that set everything in motion, and...

1 - I wasn’t laughing because I didn’t have time to process what I saw beyond the special effects, which totally got my attention, but I understand the humor in a few things from my limited view of the original story. Days after watching the series, I kept wondering how this series of events could have happened, and it scared me even more - my brain tells me if this is the reality I live in, find a place to hide, fast!

2 - I look forward to the next season so we have more back stories of The Boys and the Supes. I wonder if the Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists even exists here...but maybe we will know in season 3, but I digress...

Last edited:
Who's working on The Seven's costumes? I'll tell ya I'd like to cosplay as Homelander just for fun.

This show rocketed to the top of my “Favorites” list very quickly. The characters, the story, the dark humor, the acting...all top notch.

I love the Romeo/Juliet aspect with Hughie and Annie. In fact, I think Annie’s character is stellar.

So in the source material Becca was most certainly dead...and I believe it was confirmed that Homelander had in fact assaulted her.

With the way the season ended, I can’t help but wonder if they’re going to play an angle that Becca wasn't In fact assaulted, but instead just cheated on Billy with Homelander.

I’m not even really sure why I think that...it just kind of popped into my head.

This show rocketed to the top of my “Favorites” list very quickly. The characters, the story, the dark humor, the acting...all top notch.

I love the Romeo/Juliet aspect with Hughie and Annie. In fact, I think Annie’s character is stellar.

So in the source material Becca was most certainly dead...and I believe it was confirmed that Homelander had in fact assaulted her.

With the way the season ended, I can’t help but wonder if they’re going to play an angle that Becca wasn't In fact assaulted, but instead just cheated on Billy with Homelander.

I’m not even really sure why I think that...it just kind of popped into my head.

I can't speak for all the comic material, but...

They seem to make it out, in the show, that pretty much everyone that works with the super heroes becomes egotistical and self centered too. so within the confines of the show's paradigm so far, her just being unfaithful would fit.

But, we'll potentially find out in season 2. that answer could go any given direction; or always be left up in the air if there are competing stories, or truths withheld by any given character.

Last edited:
I just finished it and likewise the promos looked meh at best. Boy was I happy to be wrong about it! Incredibly dark but very well written and the characters and performances are so layered and nuanced. Just when I was beginning to tire of the superhero genre I am very impressed with this show. It's House of Cards meets Watchmen.

The Deep is absolutely hysterical. I don't know how he can keep a straight face when filming some of those scenes.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back