The Book of Boba Fett

So she didn’t die? Beckett was lying? Sorry I stopped following canon after ep8 I was too pissed off to give Disney anymore of my money

So she didn’t die? Beckett was lying? Sorry I stopped following canon after ep8 I was too pissed off to give Disney anymore of my money
She’s listed as canonically “dead” on Wookieepedia, but I don’t know if that was ever actually depicted in a book/comic, or if we just have to take Beckett’s word for it in “Solo.” He wasn’t exactly the most reliable with the facts.

Last edited:
Sorry I stopped following canon after ep8 I was too pissed off to give Disney anymore of my money
I share your sentiment. Libraries are a great way to find SW comics, books, audiobooks and movies/shows released on disc without giving Disney a cent. A lot of states give residents access to their state library, which tend to be massive and often have even larger ebook selections. There are others that don't require residency...

*Oh...you mean't in universe chronologically after episode 8. That makes more sense. Going to leave the library pitch because they're awesome.

Last edited:
Here's how that scene should have gone. Lose the slow-speed vespa chase.

Screen Shot 2022-01-14 at 6.46.44 PM.png

I kinda get why Disney is not making as much an effort with the Boba Fett character as they do with The Mandalorian. After all, The Mandalorian is a shiny new project born, developed and nurtured under the stewardship of Disney. Boba Fett on the other hand is a character brought over from the Lucas era and is basically over 40 years old. Its the classic example of some parents giving more love to their biological child than their adopted one.

Disney probably took all the groundwork on many proposed Boba Fett projects (Star Wars 1313, Josh Trank's movie, James Mangold's movie etc) and channeled it into The Mandalorian. After all, the Mandalorian is everything fans wanted from a live action Boba Fett show. Characteristically speaking, he IS Boba Fett. Ice cold, ruthless, keeps his helmet on at all times and speaks very little. And yes, he disintegrates people too (Season 1 Episode 2 with the Jawas). His costume design is only slightly different from the Boba concept art for Star Wars 1313 and he carries a huge ass pulse rifle like the one animated Boba carried in the Holiday Special. A lot of resources, old and new, were poured into developing that one character and it shows. Aside from one or two fillers, the episodes of The Mandalorian were wildly entertaining and are very rewatchable.

Yeah, they'll give Boba his own show and they'll still make him a badass, but not too much, though... after all there's room for only ONE ultimate badass in Mandalorian armor. So they gave Boba character flaws: always have to have a bacta tank nearby, too compassionate and too tolerant and always in need of people to help him out of sticky situations.

In a way, The Book of Boba Fett is also Disney's attempt to make peace with George Lucas after the debacle with the Sequel Trilogy, and Bob Iger's broken promises. Just how far Lucas can put up with Disney taking Boba in a different direction, only time will tell.

I like the show so far. Have to watch chapter 3 this weekend but chapter 2 was really adding some lore to the universe. Still the ST nearly killed Star Wars for me completely. Mando did his thing to bring me some SW feeling not only on the screen but with creatives behind the camera who implemented new tech and have a passion for the OT.
Do not watch it by yourself.
Get a friend to be there for you. Someone to hug you. To tell you everything's going to be fine.

I kinda get why Disney is not making as much an effort with the Boba Fett character as they do with The Mandalorian. After all, The Mandalorian is a shiny new project born, developed and nurtured under the stewardship of Disney. Boba Fett on the other hand is a character brought over from the Lucas era and is basically over 40 years old. Its the classic example of some parents giving more love to their biological child than their adopted one.

Disney probably took all the groundwork on many proposed Boba Fett projects (Star Wars 1313, Josh Trank's movie, James Mangold's movie etc) and channeled it into The Mandalorian. After all, the Mandalorian is everything fans wanted from a live action Boba Fett show. Characteristically speaking, he IS Boba Fett. Ice cold, ruthless, keeps his helmet on at all times and speaks very little. And yes, he disintegrates people too (Season 1 Episode 2 with the Jawas). His costume design is only slightly different from the Boba concept art for Star Wars 1313 and he carries a huge ass pulse rifle like the one animated Boba carried in the Holiday Special. A lot of resources, old and new, were poured into developing that one character and it shows. Aside from one or two fillers, the episodes of The Mandalorian were wildly entertaining and are very rewatchable.

Yeah, they'll give Boba his own show and they'll still make him a badass, but not too much, though... after all there's room for only ONE ultimate badass in Mandalorian armor. So they gave Boba character flaws: always have to have a bacta tank nearby, too compassionate and too tolerant and always in need of people to help him out of sticky situations.

In a way, The Book of Boba Fett is also Disney's attempt to make peace with George Lucas after the debacle with the Sequel Trilogy, and Bob Iger's broken promises. Just how far Lucas can put up with Disney taking Boba in a different direction, only time will tell.
I feel the same exact why with season 1.. I kept saying to myself “so it’s just a silver boba fett”

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back