The Book of Boba Fett

That being said, the Book of Boba Fett, since it would remove most of the (remaining) mystery of Boba, should have brought something more to show why he was such a good bounty hunter (maybe will show in the future).
Personally, I don't think it's so much why, since we really don't know (based on the OT) just how good of a bounty hunter he was, but more that he's as good as his fans make him out to be.

For me it is very simple. I have watched both seasons of Mando multiple times. I have no desire so far to watch TOBF more than once. Hopefully this might change in the future but most of my hopes don't pan out.
Same. Though if I’m being optimistic, I did not rewatch episode 4, 5, and 6 of Mandalorian season 1. That was a dry spell. Also, as much as BoBF episode 1 and 3 didn’t hit the mark, episode 2 was amazing. But I still get the same feeling that the story hasn’t moved nearly as much as it should.

All I know is this, if RR is directing all the action episdoes (which is the real reason I watch to the show....to see some badass action), It will be bad and the show will suck.
I just can't get over the fact that the man who directed El Mariachi... also did Spy Kids and Shark Boy and Lava Girl... and now he's doing Boba Fett.

I liked the first 2 eps, 3rd was seriously hit or miss, some aspects good, some... live action Kenner Toy merchandising.
Coming this Christmas: Boba's Technicolor Rangers!

Not buying THAT Black Series figure assortment. :lol:

I don't think Star Wars needs to be kiddified. Kids have (for the most part) always liked SW without it being aimed directly AT them, or having SW talk down to them. With exceptions, like the Droids and Ewoks animated series, (which as a teenager I barely could stand) or the Ewoks live action films. Or Jar Jar. Most kids love Jar Jar. :)

Han Solo shot first. Vader chopped off Luke's hand and THEN told him he was his dad. How's that for a messed up family dynamic. :) The point is, we don't necessarily need a Kind and fuzzy feeling Boba. Sure, give him an emotional evolution/journey because, frankly, he's had a messed up life.

Now... I'll still watch of course. I'm still contemplating Boba props and costumes. It will be interesting to see where this goes in the next few weeks.

anyone have a predictions for next weeks episode? lets throw them out there, all seriousness

i think the mayor is going to now try and take over the territory, and the Pykes are coming out full force...

pretty sure i remember Pyke snipers from the clone wars.. would be cool to see them

pray Krrsantan comes back too..
I don't think the mayor is coming back in force, but I DO think the Pykes will be. The Mayor was a handy man in the middle. Now that his treachery has been revealed, his usefulness is mostly at an end. Unless they still need a public figurehead/administrator.

Clone Wars, yeah, the Pykes were a pretty nasty group.

Krrsantan, they put too much into that costume for him not to make a comeback. I'd guess it will be a "everything is going against us, hope is lost, oh, here comes a savior" moment. To make things "even" between him and Boba for not selling him into Slavery. :)

Theories abound. This is fun. It's like the National Enquirer "Nostradamus" future predictions. :lol:

Last edited:
I just can't get over the fact that the man who directed El Mariachi... also did Spy Kids and Shark Boy and Lava Girl... and now he's doing Boba Fett.

I liked the first 2 eps, 3rd was seriously hit or miss, some aspects good, some... live action Kenner Toy merchandising.
Coming this Christmas: Boba's Technicolor Rangers!

Not buying THAT Black Series figure assortment. :lol:

I don't think Star Wars needs to be kiddified. Kids have (for the most part) always liked SW without it being aimed directly AT them, or having SW talk down to them. With exceptions, like the Droids and Ewoks animated series, (which as a teenager I barely could stand) or the Ewoks live action films. Or Jar Jar. Most kids love Jar Jar. :)

Han Solo shot first. Vader chopped off Luke's hand and THEN told him he was his dad. How's that for a messed up family dynamic. :) The point is, we don't necessarily need a Kind and fuzzy feeling Boba. Sure, give him an emotional evolution/journey because, frankly, he's had a messed up life.

Now... I'll still watch of course. I'm still contemplating Boba props and costumes. It will be interesting to see where this goes in the next few weeks.
Totally agree. That’s the thing. As a kid I never particularly cared for the Ewoks, I liked Vader, Yoda, Jabba, the Rancor. The cool design of Boushh, Bib Fortuna, and Tusken Raiders were fascinating to me. My favorite toys were any ships and Han Solo in carbonite (which was a dark storyline). These creative characters and creatures were so cool to my child mind. Things don’t need to be bright and shiny to appeal to kids.

I honestly think this would be so bad ass if fennec and fett reversed roles

You had me at Fennec Shand role reversal. LOL

My girlfriend and I watch the new episodes on Thursday nights, when I get back to her house from working out of town. Typically, we are fairly quite during the entire thing, but she was drunk last night and it made for a MUCH better experience. It actually saved the episode.

Her commentary that I can remember:

“That B'omarr monk looks fake and I can’t tell if anything is ever even real.”

“I hate that droid (8D8), but I really hate how much Boba Fett talks.”

“This guy sells water and acts like THAT? Does he do Shakespeare in his down time?”

While Boba is confronting the biker kids: “MY Boba Fett would have shot all those kids.”

“So he’s first in charge of the planet, then the town, but now just a distinct? ******.”

“5 hundred dollars is better than zero hundred credits.” (Repeated five or six times)

“Oh look, he’s riding a Bantha, LIKE A BANTHA. Like a BANTHA. With his goofy smile. I thought about that in my office a lot last week.”

Me: “Hey, there’s Pelli Motto and her three pit droids.”
Her: “I don’t know what that means.”

“I feel worse the banthas are dead than anything else. They are slow. They don’t move like people. They move like Banthas.”

“Does no one have a gun in this d*** place?”

“The pig guards are the only reliable help.”

“Everyone just sleeps in their one outfit I guess. OH NO, there’s Boba Fett showing up in a $40 robe from Target.”

“Where did all that food come from if they can’t afford a gun?”

Her, “What do you call that thing? It had something to do with cats? The thing the incest Hutts are on?”
Me, “A litter.”

After no reaction to the rancor being brought in:
Me, “Did you see that’s a rancor?”
Her, “I thought it was rocks.”

“Black whatever his name is just ran off. He literally ran off. Who runs like that? BUH-BYE.”

“He wants to ride the rancor because IT’S LIKE A BANTHA.”

After the close up of Fennec reaching for her blaster:
“Those 60 year old thighs are nice. I bet you like those. You’ll probably pause this tomorrow, won’t ya?”
“I actually want to see that blaster again.”
“Yeah, and her thighs.”

“So is this episode a comedy?”

“I could walk faster than they’re driving. And I don’t walk anywhere.”

“Yes, our gang is made up of Harry Potter, Doctor Who, and Emma Stone. Who wouldn’t want to join?”

The Pikes coming out of the ship:
“Is that supposed to mean something to me?”

“Why didn’t they just take the Disney star cruiser hotel ship? Maybe they couldn’t afford it.”

“The end music is like Christmas music.”

This has certainly aged well!
PhotoGrid_1642180602756_edit_1081997644269275.jpg

You had me at Fennec Shand role reversal. LOL

My girlfriend and I watch the new episodes on Thursday nights, when I get back to her house from working out of town. Typically, we are fairly quite during the entire thing, but she was drunk last night and it made for a MUCH better experience. It actually saved the episode.

Her commentary that I can remember:

“That B'omarr monk looks fake and I can’t tell if anything is ever even real.”

“I hate that droid (8D8), but I really hate how much Boba Fett talks.”

“This guy sells water and acts like THAT? Does he do Shakespeare in his down time?”

While Boba is confronting the biker kids: “MY Boba Fett would have shot all those kids.”

“So he’s first in charge of the planet, then the town, but now just a distinct? ******.”

“5 hundred dollars is better than zero hundred credits.” (Repeated five or six times)

“Oh look, he’s riding a Bantha, LIKE A BANTHA. Like a BANTHA. With his goofy smile. I thought about that in my office a lot last week.”

Me: “Hey, there’s Pelli Motto and her three pit droids.”
Her: “I don’t know what that means.”

“I feel worse the banthas are dead than anything else. They are slow. They don’t move like people. They move like Banthas.”

“Does no one have a gun in this d*** place?”

“The pig guards are the only reliable help.”

“Everyone just sleeps in their one outfit I guess. OH NO, there’s Boba Fett showing up in a $40 robe from Target.”

“Where did all that food come from if they can’t afford a gun?”

Her, “What do you call that thing? It had something to do with cats? The thing the incest Hutts are on?”
Me, “A litter.”

After no reaction to the rancor being brought in:
Me, “Did you see that’s a rancor?”
Her, “I thought it was rocks.”

“Black whatever his name is just ran off. He literally ran off. Who runs like that? BUH-BYE.”

“He wants to ride the rancor because IT’S LIKE A BANTHA.”

After the close up of Fennec reaching for her blaster:
“Those 60 year old thighs are nice. I bet you like those. You’ll probably pause this tomorrow, won’t ya?”
“I actually want to see that blaster again.”
“Yeah, and her thighs.”

“So is this episode a comedy?”

“I could walk faster than they’re driving. And I don’t walk anywhere.”

“Yes, our gang is made up of Harry Potter, Doctor Who, and Emma Stone. Who wouldn’t want to join?”

The Pikes coming out of the ship:
“Is that supposed to mean something to me?”

“Why didn’t they just take the Disney star cruiser hotel ship? Maybe they couldn’t afford it.”

“The end music is like Christmas music.”
My favorite post in the thread so far. This is great. This is freaking hilarious.

This has certainly aged well!
View attachment 1533916
So... You wanted him to promote the new show how? If he got up and said...you know what...it's not the Boba you all remember...i don't think you will like it that much but...i hope you watch it anyway, probably will under deliver for you... would you then applaud him for being truthful? If he said nothing to promote it would he be doing his job? sorry, but what did you expect?

There is going to be a lot of people owing Mr. Rodriguez an apology after this is all said and done...including myself. I've learned this the hard way...making up my mind about someone before i've known all the facts. I've stuck my foot in my mouth so many times Nike called me up and wanted me to promote their new Hot Air Bloviates.

Could be I always thought just money wise, it’s roughly over 1 million dollars an episode, so I figured the less they can get away with the better for them
But they did still stylize the armor... just not as much as the traditional Mandalorians. But since it's CG and not hand drawn animation, would a costume design change save or add cost?

I’ve also been thinking about how the weekly release of these shows is both a blessing and a curse. We get to speculate and reroute our expectations each week. We get to blow up and expand on each morsel. I hated the CW biker gang, but if they aren’t in it much anymore (please), it will actually be a small blip in a 6 hour series. However, the show runners know how this format works so it’s on them to structure the story and episodes in a way that makes sense. Just being optimistic that we still have a lot of show left and they can still turn this around.

That youthful gang with the colourful mopeds took me out of the episode I must say; they dressed WAY to clean and modern to look like anything from Tatooine. I feel they would have fit better on Coruscant or the movie: 'Alita: Battle Angel'. Also that guy with the THICK British accent took me out at the end as well. I'm generally enjoying this show but I hope things start to pick up as Boba seems almost too nice compared to his appearance in 'The Mandalorian' and that fight with Black Krrsantan kinda sucked.

That youthful gang with the colourful mopeds took me out of the episode I must say; they dressed WAY to clean and modern to look like anything from Tatooine. I feel they would have fit better on Coruscant or the movie: 'Alita: Battle Angel'. Also that guy with the THICK British accent took me out at the end as well. I'm generally enjoying this show but I hope things start to pick up as Boba seems almost too nice compared to his appearance in 'The Mandalorian' and that fight with Black Krrsantan kinda sucked.

kinda hard to fight being pulled half naked out of the bath tub by Sasquatches big brother in the middle of the night and with no armor to help...he's just a simple man who has armor and tracker/hunter skills...and no gaderffii to take advantage of his melee skills. Agree with the moped gang..that was ugh for me too...how about the fact that Krrsantan got in there in the first place and oh,...let's release him now ...he won't be able to find his way back in again...lol. Hoping they explain that in the next episode..secret passageway? Fennec let him in? we will hopefully see.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back