The Boats of James Bond

The Mantis

Sr Member
Below are some pics from the Boats of Bond held in NYC last month. Ed Maggiani and I attended this but quite frankly we found more Bond stuff to look at in China Town than we did at the Jacob Javits Center....but for Bond fans like us it was worth the trip.

DSC00040-medium.jpg

DSC00041-medium.jpg

DSC00042-medium.jpg

DSC00043-medium.jpg

DSC00044-medium.jpg

DSC00045-medium.jpg

DSC00046-medium.jpg

DSC00047-medium.jpg

DSC00048-medium.jpg

DSC00051-medium.jpg

DSC00053-large.jpg

Awesome. Thanks for posting. I live not far from the Kankakee river and I saw that's where he put the Q-boat in on the History Channel thing from a while back. I was wondering if he lived close to me or not. I'm only about 30 minutes south of downtown Chicago. Any idea if he's close? I'd die to see his collection of Bond stuff they showcased on that program.

I like that submarine. Very cool. Would've liked to see the boat in "From Russia With Love". The yacht and/or yellow mini-sub from "Thunderball" would've been pretty cool, too.

Mantis,
Thanks for the reply. Do you talk to the guy who own the Q-Boat? Do you know if he takes it out on even a semi-regular basis or was it only for that show? I was just wondering because if he does take it out I'd love to go down there to check it out. I pass over the Kankakee river on 57 south, which is only about 1/2 hour south of my house. Very close. I wish I'd have known they were taking it out for that show. Cool you got to see it. Thanks for the pics.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back