The Birth of Baby Blue

oldman808

Hello all, Here is my suit progress. My good friend WetOkole is doing the paintjob. Now, on to the pics!!!!

here are the paints he's using:
createxpaint.jpg

now for a pair of Mannowar hands:
2010-05-20221955.jpg

base coated white with a slight tinge of blue:
predhandbabyblue.jpg

hand painted the spots and shaded:
handpaintedspots.jpg

blackdetailspray.jpg

twohandsbrown-1.jpg

Mask P2:
2010-05-26155445_Waimalu_Hawaii_US.jpg

headbasewhite.jpg

firsttryatdetail.jpg

topviewlike.jpg

predteeth.jpg

predteethside.jpg

predteethright.jpg

here it is so far. Now waiting on the skins.
triplethreat.jpg

Thanks for checking this out. More to come!!!

that blue pred is awesome but i got 2 questions 1st whered u get the pred mask and 2 will normal aycrillc paint with an airbrush go on dried latex and look good and not chip or does it have to be mixed with while raw?

that blue pred is awesome but i got 2 questions 1st whered u get the pred mask and 2 will normal aycrillc paint with an airbrush go on dried latex and look good and not chip or does it have to be mixed with while raw?

The mask was bought from Uratz...and if you followed the paint thread from Xterminatus, you can paint your latex head with Acrylics but from experience...It will crack on you!! NEMESIS...another guy here in Hawaii painted his whole suit using Acrylics and yes it did crack when I tried on his hand...but he bought Permawet and added that on and he said there was no cracking after that. I don't know because I haven't seen his suit since that time I went to his house!

But thanks everyone for the feedback...I am currently waiting for the skins from Elder-one to arrive and when I do, I will start on those as well...hopefully get an update soon.

Yeah, like what WetOkele said, needded the final coat of PermaWet to 'seal the deal'. I do wanna mention though that most of the cracks, at least on mines, occurred where there would be a lot of movement : the fingers, elbows and knees, etc.

Ok...I am trying to get this ready by next week Friday but wanted something diff...was thinking, instead of the traditonal Silver, I wanted to add a bit of blue to it...

Let me know what you guys think!!

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back