The Big Lebowski Costume Thread

Dr Jones Sr

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I don't know if this has been mentioned, I didn't see it above, but yesterday I visited The Museum Of Hollywood in Los Angeles and they had a room full of costumes from various films from the 1920s through 2020s.

When I saw this I thought of the RPF. Is this is one of The Dude's costumes? I wonder what the provenance is. Given that they have tons of film costumes from many famous movies from the 1930s etc I would think it would be authentic.

I didn't take a photo of the sandals but they were odd it that they looked completely new, that is, they hadn't been aged/distressed.

g47skk5.jpg

MattgomeryBurns

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I don't know if this has been mentioned, I didn't see it above, but yesterday I visited The Museum Of Hollywood in Los Angeles and they had a room full of costumes from various films from the 1920s through 2020s.

When I saw this I thought of the RPF. Is this is one of The Dude's costumes? I wonder what the provenance is. Given that they have tons of film costumes from many famous movies from the 1930s etc I would think it would be authentic.

I didn't take a photo of the sandals but they were odd it that they looked completely new, that is, they hadn't been aged/distressed.

View attachment 1589156
It could be. I have The Beast from The Sandlot on loan there and I’ve yet to visit it. My goal is to get there in the next few months because the Back to the Future exhibit will be gone by the end of the year. I can ask when I’m there.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.