The Best place to buy model kits

Discussion in 'Studio Scale Models' started by propcollector, Jul 4, 2006.

1. propcollector

propcollector Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Hi I am going to start to scratch build a Tie bomber and need a good place to start buying my kits

Please help me out

Thanks

2. useful idiot

useful idiot Active Member

I'd say ebay and Hobby Link Japan. You can get most of the kits on ebay for next to nothing. And for the ones that Ebay doesn't have, HLJ will most liely have them.

3. Apophis

Apophis Sr Member

Yeah, What he said.

4. propcollector

<div class='quotetop'>(Apophis @ Jul 5 2006, 10:05 PM) [snapback]1274734[/snapback]</div>
    Also can someonr give me a good link to buy Plastistruct and evergreen plastics

Thanks
    mark

5. The_Dwimmerlaik

The_Dwimmerlaik New Member

:unsure Someone know where to buy the Horizon's Jurassic Park model kits??? im looking for the velociraptor one and t-rex but on ebay they doesnt have it

6. Aegis159

Aegis159 Sr Member

<div class='quotetop'>(The_Dwimmerlaik @ Jul 6 2006, 01:06 AM) [snapback]1274956[/snapback]</div>
    Sorry, but those have been out of production for quite some time. Ebay and the secondary market are going to be your best bet unless you find them in some local hobby shop.... doubtful though. Just be diligent with checking on ebay and the other secondary market sources that are out there.... you could also put a WTB thread in the Junkyard once you have enough privledges...

7. The_Dwimmerlaik

:cry thats sad, on ebay there are 2 model kits, one with reserve and the other dont have some parts * ill like to have them, ok i think ill conform with a Gremlin :confused

8. useful idiot

<div class='quotetop'>(The_Dwimmerlaik @ Jul 5 2006, 11:06 PM) [snapback]1274956[/snapback]</div>
    Try here. You will have to sign up to even look at the threads but you may find what you are looking for. Just start a WTB thread in the BUY/SELL forum.

http://theclubhouse1.net/

9. Hand Solo

Hand Solo Sr Member

Propcollector is asking for sources for construction of a STUDIO SCALE TIE Bomber...;)

Anyone know of any of the required kits he'll need or where to buy Plastruct and Evergreen sheet?

I'll go first.

Right to the source for Plastruct...

And....

Right to the source for Evergreen styrene supplies.

Propcollector, try using the board search function for any TIE bomber threads. I'm pretty sure there's one or two on this board somewheres. :)

10. HOBBIT 7

HOBBIT 7 New Member

One of my scratchbuilding projects is a studio scale tie bomber. Alot of the kit parts that I'm using came from model kits that I purchased off of Ebay. This would be a good place to start your search, Propcollector.

Hobbit 7

11. The_Dwimmerlaik

<div class='quotetop'>(useful idiot @ Jul 6 2006, 10:30 PM) [snapback]1275668[/snapback]</div>
    Try here. You will have to sign up to even look at the threads but you may find what you are looking for. Just start a WTB thread in the BUY/SELL forum.

http://theclubhouse1.net/
    [/b][/quote]

Thanks man, ill try it out, wish me good luck i really like to find out those model kits (in a reasanoble price)

12. useful idiot

No problem. ;)

13. propcollector

<div class='quotetop'>(useful idiot @ Jul 8 2006, 09:02 PM) [snapback]1276821[/snapback]</div>
    Thanks guys hope I find all of my kits
    Mark