The Batman

I just can't pull it up in myself to give a damn yet. We'll see when a trailer happens, but until then I'm staying in my "tired of constant rebootings" hole. Batfleck was fine, even if the movies he was in didn't understand that Batman isn't the Punisher.

Interesting! However the one thing I thought might be an issue about with the casting of Patterson seems to be the case - his jawline is REALLY identifiable. It's obviously Robert Patterson wearing a mask.

I know this is ultimately a movie about fantastical comic book characters in no basis of reality, but Commissioner Gordon most smart people in this world are gonna be like: "Hey, Batman's chin is identical to Bruce Wayne's chin!"

First off, I can't believe we are discussing his chin. Just when I thought we couldn't get more geeky and picky, so yeah us. Secondly I really hope that is just the light on his brow and not a drawn in line ie. the old Adam West cowl. I also am not sure about the very geometric lines of the suit. I get that they might not want it to be like you're seeing his build under the suit so they changed it to look like armor. But the Arkham Asylum suit was clearly armor and it looked anatomical. Need to see more.

First off, I can't believe we are discussing his chin. Just when I thought we couldn't get more geeky and picky, so yeah us. Secondly I really hope that is just the light on his brow and not a drawn in line ie. the old Adam West cowl. I also am not sure about the very geometric lines of the suit. I get that they might not want it to be like you're seeing his build under the suit so they changed it to look like armor. But the Arkham Asylum suit was clearly armor and it looked anatomical. Need to see more.

Well, it's less his chin and moreso that the point of wearing a mask it to hide your identity. If the exposed part of your face gives away your identity, what's the point of the mask? It's not much unlike having a tatoo that says 'i'm bruce' on your cheek and leaving it visible in the mask. It doesn't hide your identity. Then again, when it gets to the actual movie, maybe it looks different - who knows. But in there interim, it does make the mask kind pointless, no?

Well, it's less his chin and moreso that the point of wearing a mask it to hide your identity. If the exposed part of your face gives away your identity, what's the point of the mask? It's not much unlike having a tatoo that says 'i'm bruce' on your cheek and leaving it visible in the mask. It doesn't hide your identity. Then again, when it gets to the actual movie, maybe it looks different - who knows. But in there interim, it does make the mask kind pointless, no?

Not really, since we the audience have info the in universe characters don't. It's like looking at an image with a hidden object in it. Once you know where the object is, you'll never not know it's there, or stop seeing it. We know the actor, so we can't help but recognise them.

Better example might be Keira Knightley in Phantom Menace, or Mike Myers in Inglorious Basterds.

I feel more like I'm looking at Red Robin, though the color of the lighting is probably causing that. The reinforced high collar seems interesting. I don't remember that on other Batman suits.

Also:

photo-of-zooey-deschanel-with-and-without-bangs-and-glasses.jpeg

:p

A stitched leather cowl with an armor torso is an odd combination. Maybe it'll end up looking good. I do like the collar but again it doesn't mesh well with the high-tech looking armor. I'm guessing like Batman Begins it's a Wayne Industries prototype body armor but this time Bruce has to scrap the cowl together on his own. It might not be the final cowl we see.

Edit: It's so funny watching videos of fanboys losing their minds over these 30 secs of shadowy footage. I mean I love Batman too but I need way more than that teaser to get me interested. I'm already not interested in Pattinson as Batman.

Last edited:
20200215_044034.jpg

the collar is awesome, the cowl is very Graphic Jordan in style which is really cool! This suit looks great for Bruce's 1st attempt, I hope we get an Arkham style suot in the movie. Also, some videos suggest this will be heavily set in Arkham, given all the villains who will appear, I'm absolutely cool with it. I had high hopes with Joker since day one, I have faith in Reeves, add the composer and this thing will rock the theater

The "Hush Batman" ears are probably my favorite. I'm probably in the minority for being in a fan of the short ears. But none of that would be a deal breaker for me.

Yeah, we're talking about a universe where a man takes his glasses off and people think he's a completely different person. So you know, chins don't help these people.

This why I'm not a Superman fan. I find that far fetched even in the comic book universe. It's even worse in Superman IV when Clark changes costume several times in a row to fool Lois. Come on now, let's not make Comic characters dumber then a box of rocks.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back