The Batman

It has to be studio politics or something. His face is WRONG for the part. Nothing
against acting or past garbage projects. He doesn't look the part! And being "ripped"
by nordic track Hollywood trainers isn't the way either. That is every young male actor
looking for work.

Why can't they look at the comics and go find a Bruce Wayne!!!

How effing hard is that???

It's Batman not Shakespeare.
Talent agents once upon a time used to discover the next star straight
from the public. I would be sending agents out to gyms and construction sites
because you will find a proper physique and the right face that screams Bruce Wayne/Batman

Do they even look at the comics? (insert Charlie Brown frustration scream here)

They hype this as Bats as the great detective film, well did they look at Neil Adams artwork
from that 70s detective era where that aspect brought Bats out of camp?

Not that we know yet, but general rant...
.... and so tired of these heavily armored suits. Get back to cloth, the point was he was THAT good. armor would slow him down.

It's DC. Nothing since the Nolan trilogy ended has indicated whatsoever that they care about the comic aspect. Coincidentally, that's about the same time Marvel started up and blew away expectations. Doesn't seem like DC is running things at all, just whatever studio bought the rights and they're doing studio type things and messing it up. If DC is actually in control, they don't seem to care much about their existing history with anything.

It's DC. Nothing since the Nolan trilogy ended has indicated whatsoever that they care about the comic aspect. Coincidentally, that's about the same time Marvel started up and blew away expectations. Doesn't seem like DC is running things at all, just whatever studio bought the rights and they're doing studio type things and messing it up. If DC is actually in control, they don't seem to care much about their existing history with anything.

DC is owned by Warner Bros. Warner doesn't care about DC. They only care about money and they want to make as much as Marvel is. It really doesn't work that way.

I don't know anything about this new guy. Is he an actual good actor, or is this twilight thing just something that people are associating him with, like Ford as Solo?

I've been a Batman fan since a kid. I've still got a couple of comics that I got in the 70's. I have no clue why people hate Affleck's Batman/Wayne. I thought his was pretty damned good. Keaton is my favourite representing the old 50's style Batman style. Affleck really seemed to reflect the late 70's 80's.

I actually am not a fan of Bale and Nolan's take. It had some fantastic elements to it. But Bale is just gravely voiced Bale in every movie. And as Wayne, he was just broody batman without the hood. That's not Wayne. The music was a horrible constant repetitive drone that once you think of it while watching, you can't stop hearing it. I HATED the stupid tumbler. But loved the Bat copter thingy. And as a trilogy, it seemed very dissociated from each other.

DC is owned by Warner Bros. Warner doesn't care about DC. They only care about money and they want to make as much as Marvel is. It really doesn't work that way.

Yeah, i didn't want to back to that, but right after Avengers 1 skyrocketed, the head of DC was quoted as saying 'we have to cash in on this while we can'. Massive mistake.

People try and make the Marvel plan out to be a lot more than what it really is. All it is, is care about your source material and history, follow a plan, make the goal to make good movies. That's really it. It's not a hard plan to copy either. You don't have to do character movies then a group one or anything else. Stick the plan and care about the product. It's amazing how far that can take you. Once your goal becomes cashing in, your product is already secondary at best.

Yeah, i didn't want to back to that, but right after Avengers 1 skyrocketed, the head of DC was quoted as saying 'we have to cash in on this while we can'. Massive mistake.

People try and make the Marvel plan out to be a lot more than what it really is. All it is, is care about your source material and history, follow a plan, make the goal to make good movies. That's really it. It's not a hard plan to copy either. You don't have to do character movies then a group one or anything else. Stick the plan and care about the product. It's amazing how far that can take you. Once your goal becomes cashing in, your product is already secondary at best.

And also, take your time. Don't go for Justice League immediately. Avengers was successful because it waited until a bunch of other movies were successful first. Warner doesn't want to do that. They wanted all of the money right now. Their other problem is that they don't have a Kevin Feige to keep control of all of the projects. It's whatever the directors want to do. That's just a recipe for failure.

I was holding out for Morena Baccarin but Zoe is a great pick that I never even thought of, and she’s closer to Partinson’s age too.

I mean, ok, sure, maybe this'll be good. Who knows. But at this point, how many times is DC gonna throw spaghetti at the wall and see if it sticks?

I honestly don't care anymore. We've been burned so many times with DC garbage that I don't care what they do. If it comes out and it turns out to be good, I'll see it. Otherwise, I won't waste my time looking forward to it. I just don't care. They burned all of their good will with me a long time ago.

This seems horribly miscast all over.
I can get on board with Dano and Kravitz, but the rest, no.
Also seems like theyre throwing as many characters at it as possivle which is just not a good sign by their previous efforts. They need to learn to properly build the universe and the franchise.

I'm so tired of DC's infinite reboot loop. I'm sure I'll see this if it looks even half decent, but Warner Bros is reminding me of Google. I've no faith in them sticking with this cast either if it doesn't meet and exceed the astronomical expectations that comic book movies are starting to come with.

I am withholding judgment at this time, and will follow the reasoned, measured, nuanced, and time-honored tradition of waiting until the first blurry leaked photo from this movie is dropped before deciding that the movie sucks.

OK... There it is. The first blurry, leaked photo from the set. Time to extend my judgment. This movie is obviously going to suck.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back