The Batman

Well, it coulda been worse. I mean, could you imagine if they chose someone like Ben Afle..... oh, wait. :rolleyes:

I just hope they write a good script.

Exactly why “not even giving it a chance”?

Genuinely curious.

Cuz he was in an icky teen movie?

Winter Soldier was from gossip girl.

I am withholding judgment at this time, and will follow the reasoned, measured, nuanced, and time-honored tradition of waiting until the first blurry leaked photo from this movie is dropped before deciding that the movie sucks.

Last edited:
sQLIK1C.gif

To be fair, Stephenie Meyers did more of the ruining: Vampires... also my record of finishing every book I start...

Seems the actors are still recovering...

100% Pattison was just playing a part. It's not his fault the source material was bad.

Yeah like you'd refuse a juicy multi-million pay check ! Specially at the start of your career...

He's actually pretty good if you watch the smaller indie film he's been doing lately. If it's him, I'm ok with that.

He still chose to take the part...

Yeah you clearly wouldn't know how to play the game that is Hollywood.

He took that gig and from it alone is set for life money wise. He then took the opportunity to do movies he wanted to do like Lost City of Z, Good Time. Working with directors like Herzog and Croenenberg has allowed him to really hone his craft. He's a really good actor. If you're basing you opinion on him off of a movie franchise he acted in a decade ago then you're ignorant. There's a reason why he's starring in Christopher Nolan's next film and will allegedly be starring in Matt Reeves next film-- he's really good.

It's so interesting when DC characters are cast ( Batman, WW, Superman, Joker etc) because they've been in film for years and audiences hold onto good performances and aren't willing to embrace other things. The inevitable hate fest that will come when Marvel reboots years down the line and a new Cap, Iron Man etc are cast will be interesting to see unfold.

It has to be studio politics or something. His face is WRONG for the part. Nothing
against acting or past garbage projects. He doesn't look the part! And being "ripped"
by nordic track Hollywood trainers isn't the way either. That is every young male actor
looking for work.

Why can't they look at the comics and go find a Bruce Wayne!!!

How effing hard is that???

It's Batman not Shakespeare.
Talent agents once upon a time used to discover the next star straight
from the public. I would be sending agents out to gyms and construction sites
because you will find a proper physique and the right face that screams Bruce Wayne/Batman

Do they even look at the comics? (insert Charlie Brown frustration scream here)

They hype this as Bats as the great detective film, well did they look at Neil Adams artwork
from that 70s detective era where that aspect brought Bats out of camp?

Not that we know yet, but general rant...
.... and so tired of these heavily armored suits. Get back to cloth, the point was he was THAT good. armor would slow him down.

Yeah you clearly wouldn't know how to play the game that is Hollywood.

He took that gig and from it alone is set for life money wise. He then took the opportunity to do movies he wanted to do like Lost City of Z, Good Time. Working with directors like Herzog and Croenenberg has allowed him to really hone his craft. He's a really good actor. If you're basing you opinion on him off of a movie franchise he acted in a decade ago then you're ignorant. There's a reason why he's starring in Christopher Nolan's next film and will allegedly be starring in Matt Reeves next film-- he's really good.

It's so interesting when DC characters are cast ( Batman, WW, Superman, Joker etc) because they've been in film for years and audiences hold onto good performances and aren't willing to embrace other things. The inevitable hate fest that will come when Marvel reboots years down the line and a new Cap, Iron Man etc are cast will be interesting to see unfold.

He took the gig without knowing that it would ever make money, just like everyone does. He signed on for Twilight hoping it would be a success. It wasn't a guarantee. So no.

He took the gig without knowing that it would ever make money, just like everyone does. He signed on for Twilight hoping it would be a success. It wasn't a guarantee. So no.
So you're saying that if you're a struggling or new actor trying to get established that you would turn down a role in a major motion picture just because? Wow, I guess it's a good thing that you're not an actor because you'd starve with that kind of attitude. That's why I freely admit that I would never make it in Hollywood because I'd be too embarrassed to do some of those commercials you see on TV even though it's a paycheck and it's something that I'd need to do in order to become a working actor and to get more experience to get the point where I can pick and choose the roles I want.

So you're saying that if you're a struggling or new actor trying to get established that you would turn down a role in a major motion picture just because? Wow, I guess it's a good thing that you're not an actor because you'd starve with that kind of attitude. That's why I freely admit that I would never make it in Hollywood because I'd be too embarrassed to do some of those commercials you see on TV even though it's a paycheck and it's something that I'd need to do in order to become a working actor and to get more experience to get the point where I can pick and choose the roles I want.

No, I'm saying you need to pick and choose your roles. It's not like Twilight was his first role, he was in several Harry Potter movies before that. But he read the Twilight screenplay and thought playing an angsty, sparkly vampire was a good career choice. Whether it made him money is not really relevant. It made him look like an idiot.

I don't know enough about Pattinson or his work to really comment on his acting skills or his presence. Based on his looks... well, he certainly could have the Bruce Wayne vibe. I do think he'll need some serious gym time and will need to bulk up considerable to make a good Batman.

But, he Michael Keaton pulled it off. He can't be any worse than Christian Bale was in the role - I still find the whole Nolan take on Batman to be completely overrated manure.

Pattinson is actually not a bad actor. Of course everyone famously knows him for Twilight (and Cedric in Harry Potter), but he was only playing the part he was supposed to as a Vampire who seemingly always looked like he was in pain and whining, hah!

I'm weary, BUT more confident he'll do a lot better than Affleck. I'm curious to see what he brings to Batman.

Lots of people weren't nuts about Keaton back then, but he turned out to be one of the great ones in my opinion.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back