The Batman Experience: Restoring the 1989 Keaton Suit

Yeah I just watched this! Keaton '89 Batsuit is still my all time favorite.

It's funny, as I was watching it I was thinking to myself "mixing up new material to patch up the original suits, while nice, isn't authentic enough"...

...and then they poured the old crumbs into the batch :)

A lot of people were impressed at the shape the items were in at SDCC. Seeing that a lot of the parts were actually 3d prints of scans makes sense now. It seems like the only option when it comes to crumbling foam latex, but they are no longer screen used parts so it's just a little sad.

A few years ago, I went to the Tim Burton exhibit and they had an original cowl or two in the show. The ears were quite wilted and looked like they were on their last legs. Great to see them restored!

(The museum wouldn't let us take photos, dangit.)

I couldn’t agree with you more. I was lucky enough to see them in their original form at the Warner Bros exhibit. I didn’t get to make the San Diego museum but I am damn glad Jose was the one that got to do the restoration on these beauties.

A lot of people were impressed at the shape the items were in at SDCC. Seeing that a lot of the parts were actually 3d prints of scans makes sense now. It seems like the only option when it comes to crumbling foam latex, but they are no longer screen used parts so it's just a little sad.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back