The Batman (On a budget)

Question: do you prep the latex before spraying Plastidip or just spray it straight on?

Also, have any of you ever tried Flex seal for a cowl?

Thanks.
I just sprayed it after whipping the cowl down with some alcohol. This is a pretty good tutorial
Have not tried Flex Seal

Do you do the whole paintbrush part? I want it to have that leathery texture, not ultra smooth. Also, dumb question, should I use matte or gloss for the rubies? Thanks for the help!

Last edited:
Do you do the whole paintbrush part? I want it to have that leathery texture, not ultra smooth. Also, dumb question, should I use matte or gloss for the rubies? Thanks for the help!
I didnt do the brush, the Rubies texture still comes through much. The film cowl looks like it's matte in all the making off stuff, but gloss could give it that wet look in the film. I did matte tho

These seem to be floating around (checking spirit Halloween later - - - Edit: Didnt have it) and according to redit, its just shy of 10 inches from wing tip to wing tip (My 3d printed one is about 13 so it does look to be a little small, but still an option :D.
2ey6oyvsyon91.jpg

Last edited:
Im looking at going back to the cheap The Batman cowl and thickening up the inside with latex and dropping most of the velcro and foam. Any ideas how to go about that?
I could also use the latex to fill in the seam in the back and possibly sooth out the 3d print lines.

The structure is starting to show thru/air bubbles

Also found this (not accurate) belt that gives a similar feel and comes with most of what youd need (

6pcs Tactical Belt, Military Style Webbing Riggers Web Belt Heavy-Duty Quick-Release Metal Buckle Belt And Give Away Tactical Fanny Pack For Men)​

81GrVFrDCWL._AC_UX679_.jpg

Attachments

• 20221015_231054.jpg
    20221015_231054.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 91
Last edited:
Im looking at going back to the cheap The Batman cowl and thickening up the inside with latex and dropping most of the velcro and foam. Any ideas how to go about that?
I could also use the latex to fill in the seam in the back and possibly sooth out the 3d print lines.
Thouroughly clean the inside of the cowl with 99% rubbing alcohol then scuff up the inside with steel wool or sandpaper to give some texture for the new latex to grab onto. If you're still looking to add structure if you paint a layer of latex then press pieces of paper towel into and and paint more latex over saturating it (kind of like laying fibreglass) it stiffens it up a lot after drying.

Can I ask how you used the pleather to texture the layer of plastidip? Was it as simple as pressing it onto the wet paint?

Thouroughly clean the inside of the cowl with 99% rubbing alcohol then scuff up the inside with steel wool or sandpaper to give some texture for the new latex to grab onto. If you're still looking to add structure if you paint a layer of latex then press pieces of paper towel into and and paint more latex over saturating it (kind of like laying fibreglass) it stiffens it up a lot after drying.

Can I ask how you used the pleather to texture the layer of plastidip? Was it as simple as pressing it onto the wet paint?
I actually never thought of using paper towl, that seems alot easier to work with than the gauz I used. I'll have to remeber that!

I was that simple, though I feel like it might take a few different coats for it to "stick" it seems over time I cant really see the texture except for the bottom of the mask

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back