"THE BAT" batwing 1/6 SCALE by Darkseid (pepakura)

darkseid

Hi guys:).I wanted to make an 1/6 replica of the new batwing from the new batman movie as it would awesome next to my 1/6 tumbler by hot toys:cool

batmobile2.jpg

The model is based on the incredible 3d model by groaningfire(awesome builder).

bat1i.jpg

I then tried to scale it from the pics that have leaked and especially from this one

batwing.jpg

My 3d reproduction

bat2u.jpg

I knew that the new batwing was enormous but it really dwarfs the tumbler.The pic above has the tumbler in its correct 1/6 dimensions and the dummy i placed in the cockpit also has the height of an 1/6 batman figure.

Here is another pic..
bat3s.jpg

I then started with the guns.

bat4s.jpg

bat5i.jpg

And on to the pepakura designer

bat6q.jpg

For the building itself i am using plastic -foam.I created an hot wire just for cutting foam for this built.Anyway here are some first result. A lot of work has to be done but one thing i have learned from this forum is to have a lot of patience:)Enjoy...

20120325224632.jpg

20120325214949.jpg

20120325224748.jpg

20120325224821.jpg

20120325215623.jpg

20120325215545.jpg

Last edited:
I just noticed you added pics of the turbine, wow this thing is going to be HUGE! Can't wait to see how it all comes together. This will be one massive display piece lol

Wow, I can't wait to see how this turns out!

Thank you.I can't wait either:lol

What pepkura program do you USe.

I am using pepakura designer which is free:)

I just noticed you added pics of the turbine, wow this thing is going to be HUGE! Can't wait to see how it all comes together. This will be one massive display piece lol

Thank you myfriend.And you are right.It is going to be huge.According to my measurements the length of the wings will be 120cm:lol

Holy crap this thing looks scary! I WANT ONE!

Thanks.Wait to see the rest:confused

Can't wait to see the rest of it! I love this site!

Thanks and welcome to the site

wow this looks awesome. cant wait to see the finished piece!

Thanks.The finished piece will be before the new movie comes.I hope:)

I hope you will still be able to still get it through the door once it's finished ;)
Awesome build!

:lol:lol.Thanks a lot.Who needs doors anyway:lol:lol

...wow.. that is gonna be one impressive piece, and will look great next to the tumbler!.. I cant stop looking at the images haha. Really looking forward to seeing this being built

..SUBBED!

Hi guys:cool.I know it's been a long time since i have posted an update.I started the project long before hot toys announced the 1/6 scale bat.When hot toys announced their own bat i stopped my own project. Now that HT revealed that they will be making the 1/12 scale instead due to the massiveness of the 1/6 scale i was pissed off:angry and now i am determined to do my own.
So here is some progress photos.More to come soon i hope...

ps:This thing is huge......

The cockpit in it's true 1/6 scale...
img0739nk.jpg

More details added....
img0748qc.jpg

img0745nu.jpg

Painted black with front window(plexi) and a medicom batman inside for test fit
img0765ay.jpg

img0764cs.jpg

img0762vy.jpg

img0763nf.jpg

img0767vu.jpg

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back