The Avengers Props --Anybody working on the less obvious ones? *Spoilers*

Discussion in 'Marvel Costumes and Props' started by spiderfan11, May 6, 2012.

1. spiderfan11

spiderfan11 Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Hey guys! Now that Avengers is released worldwide for the most part, I was wondering if anyone has been finding, building, planning, etc. any of the less popular props (other than helmets, shields, hammers, etc.)?

Forgive if I somehow missed a similar thread, I searched around pretty hard and only saw the EFX thread and a couple discussion threads for the movie.

I saw a few threads on Starks Bracelets, but other than that, what do we have?

-Anyone working on Coulson's trading cards?

-Cube briefcase?

-Loki's Staff?

2. Force Commander

Force Commander Well-Known Member

What about that little knife/dagger that Loki uses?

3. spiderfan11

Also a good one.

As far as Coulson's trading cards, I know a lot of them were just small versions of the USO posters, so if we can figure out what the borders/backs look like, then I'm sure a lot of members here could whip them up real fast!

4. dbalschi

dbalschi Sr Member

I'm in the process of doing a mini case display for my Tesseract but I'm having trouble finding high res pictures.

5. Kylash

Kylash Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I wanted Coulsons cards right away

6. Stormleader

Stormleader Well-Known Member

I would stay far, far away from unlicensed Avengers replicas. Just sayin'.

7. dbalschi

dbalschi Sr Member

Even for a personal collection? The challenges I have seen are when people start to sell them.

8. silverskyes402

silverskyes402 Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I'm digging' Tony's Mark VII bracelets!

9. spiderfan11

If they are found items, free paper props, or self-made for our own collections, there's nothing wrong with it. It is only when selling such things that it causes issues.

10. reelprops

reelprops Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Colantotte Magtitan neo. Google them. They are $199.99 a piece. Got 2 already.

Reel

11. spiderfan11

It's too bad those are so * expensive! It's cool you got them, but I just couldn't justify spending so much on a pair of bracelets. They'll look great in your collection!

12. Lando

Lando Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I would love to see someone build Thanos Infinity Gauntlet, it would be an amazing prop since you know he will be appearing in the future.

[​IMG]

13. Insane muadib

Insane muadib New Member

For my personal collection I am working on one each of the version's of Loki's Staff (Pimp Cane, Scepter, Staff) However I predict that I won't be able to put full attention on them until after July due to other projects.

14. Zlurpo

Zlurpo Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I really want to make Loki's spear (short version) for my personal collection.

15. MetalMangler

MetalMangler New Member

I immediately started lusting after Loki's staves, and I love the term "Pimp Cane"!!!

I may have to break down and get a Blue Ray player and get it on BR when it comes out for the high-res pics so I can get a feel for how much detail is involved.

I was also looking at Thor's vest and bracers in his "informal" get-up. Unfortunately I don't have a bod that would do the vest justice, and I don't fancy little kids running and screaming from me. :sick

MM

16. paulv70

paulv70 Well-Known Member

I'd love to see someone do Coulson's "I don't know what this does" gun.

17. TheNickFox

TheNickFox Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I was thinking the EXACT same thing. Someone pay Volpin or Zander lots of money and make it happen!

I may take a stab at it once better reference material starts coming out. Do you know if the gun makes an appearance in the Avengers Art book?

EDIT: I just found a video of a guy flipping through the pages of the Art book and it appears they have 1 page devoted to renders of this gun. (A profile and 3/4 view) Guess I know what I'll be buying.

-Nick

18. GBrittelleJr

GBrittelleJr Well-Known Member

I really want a set of Coulson's cards...

19. purgedsoul

purgedsoul New Member

I'm planning to make the hacking bug that Tony uses to hack Shield. Anybody got a workable screen cap of that prop?

20. tk1055

tk1055 Sr Member

21. Chris27989

Chris27989 Well-Known Member

im making a couple cosmic cube/ tesseracts so the briefcase would be awesome..
    And again Tony Starks Brackets are awesome

22. firstavenger 78

firstavenger 78 New Member

a lot of the cards in coulson's collection are from a card set called the silver age and was jack kirby art

23. superfreak1000

superfreak1000 Active Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Started on designs for the Chitauri blaster staff. I liked this one a lot.!

24. GBrittelleJr

GBrittelleJr Well-Known Member

The silver age? That's awesome to know that they were actual cards that I could pick up. Thank you! The hunt begins...

25. GeneralFROSTY

GeneralFROSTY Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I'm really hoping someone does a replica of Loki's spear. That is a very gorgeous prop.

26. YellowBandage

YellowBandage New Member

I'd love to see the hawkeye bow (that flicks open of course) and twin revolving quiver! its something on my growing "to build" list but seeing someone else do something before you try is always helpful!

27. jmaxwell522

jmaxwell522 Active Member

Just found these on a blog posting, not really 100% clear but maybe someone could work em out. I might try
    Comme d'habitude

28. AceD

AceD New Member

In the new CGSociety Feature for Marvel's THe Avengers are a few great close-ups from Loki's Staff! Would be cool, to see a prop from that!
    CGSociety - Marvel’s The Avengers
    [​IMG]

29. renaissance_man

renaissance_man Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Thanks for the post, Loki's staff is a neat prop, and was a crucial part of the film.

30. DarkJedi1500

DarkJedi1500 Well-Known Member

I've read several ads about them, and I still have no idea what they are suppose to do in the real world. Anybody know?

31. third3ye

third3ye Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

aka the Destroyer gun, as named in the Avengers art book. Tech was based on the Destroyer from Thor that SHIELD salvaged, fun fact!

I'd like to see someone take a good stab at one of Loki's staff, either the short or long version.

Other than that, I think any other memorable prop from the movie has already been covered.

32. third3ye

third3ye Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Con you from your hard-earned money ;)

33. Contec

Contec Master Member

Just Look cool.... Some people believes that magnets has "healing" powers

34. Darxide

Darxide Member

Total misinformation. The Silver Age Card Set was produced in the early 90's. 8 of the 11 known cards are from Concept Art drawn in 2008 at the earliest and a Production still. The other 3 known cards are from Covers/Pages of the original 1940's comic series by Timely-Atlas. They are 100% the creation of a prop designer.

The Silver Age Card Set looked like this -

[​IMG]

Coulson's Card Set look like this -

[​IMG]

There is no resemblance whatsoever, aside from the fact that it would have been impossible.

On a side note, the picture of Coulson's cards is from the replica set I made that I'm going to be selling in the JY. An Interest thread should be up within the week.

-Darxide

35. Stephenie

Stephenie New Member

I'm obsessed with Loki's mouthpiece/gag from the last bit of the movie. I started sculpting the other night.

36. disposablepal

disposablepal Active Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

i'm amazed no one has worked on Black Widow's shock gloves that she wears during the end battle, i believe they hook to her wrist bands.

37. nlschutd

nlschutd Well-Known Member

i am bussy making drawings to make my computer table look like this :p just a small preview

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

38. dcarty

dcarty Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Finally saw the movie with my son on Friday. I reeeeeaally want a set of the trading cards.

39. purgedsoul

purgedsoul New Member

40. hikarub

hikarub Well-Known Member

Don't have my Thor bluray on hand so no high-res photos from me. I found these though, not sure if they'll be of any help....

The first pic is from The Avengers, probably from the official website; the second pic is a photo of the briefcase accessory that comes with the Hot Toys figure of Nick Fury, and the final pic is a really lo-res screen-cap from the epilogue of Thor. Otherwise I've no idea on the make or brand of the briefcase used....

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

41. MonsterGlue

MonsterGlue New Member

You're in luck, EFX Collectibles has just announced they will be making..

"Agent Coulson's Vintage Captain America Trading Card Set - These are the cards that Nick Fury used to give the Avengers a "little push" to assemble. In this set you get BOTH the "near vintage" set and the "bloodied" set that Nick Fury claimed were in Agent Coulson's coat pocket. These cards are printed from the original artwork files."

eFX Inc. - MARVEL Prop Replicas

42. Sundowner

Sundowner Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

This would be pretty neat
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

43. Chris27989

You took the words right out of my mouth!!

44. cephalopodprods

cephalopodprods New Member

Actually I started to work on Black Widow's wristbands, I have one of the elements carved up and molded. Actually I'm making a couple dozens of copies of them :p

I'll post pictures when I can!

45. Akira

Akira Active Member

I want Hawkeye's bow, knowing it is a Hoyt Buffalo, but $600-$700 just to say it was same that was used in the movie....

I shoot bows, so it's not like it wouldn't get used, just not in the budget. :eek

46. NakedMoleRat

NakedMoleRat Sr Member

You're doing it wrong. You're supposed to shoot arrows! :lol

47. Chris27989

:lol:lol:lol

48. Akira

Akira Active Member

Ok, should have said "use bows to shoot arrows". :lol That Hoyt bow is a nice looking bow, I can't see making it fold like in the movie without losing its functionality.

49. captain avenger

captain avenger Active Member

50. Room8

Room8 Well-Known Member