The Amazing Spiderman SDCC 2011

Steamboat Spidey

Hello! I found this picture online, and i was wondering if anyone has more pictures oif this/ close ups?

It looks to be something that you can take a picture with. Thanks!

I've seen about 3 different shots of this and if you look at the bottom it appears to be roped off. It also doesn't even look like it was made form the same material as the screen costume

This is printed on a lycra material and isn't nearly the quality of the screen used costume. looks decent from far away except the fact that knee and ankle joints are cinched with rope to hang it up..

I was at comic con where it was displayed and can tell you once you got close to it, really didn't hold up to the closer inspection.

At first glance I thought it was a Raimi-Spidey, but then I realized that was Amazo-Spidey, as he will now be called, maybe it was the lighting that made the colors look a bit more washed out, though now that I'm seeing Amazo-Spidey from these angles, the suit actually looks pretty good, it's really not a major departure from the traditional comic suit.

I saw this in person too. Interestingly it appears that the boots are nothing more than modified running shoes. Which would be kind of cool considering that the costume was made by a high school kid with little to no money, but then again, the rest of the suit appears to be super high tech and made from expensive materials. Go figure.... haha

This one on display looked like it was printed rather than having any real texture like the suit appears to have from the photographs that the studio has released from the upcoming movie.

Hey up

Let me share with you guys what i've been working on for some months now.

2011-08-07225833.jpg

2011-08-07225722-1.jpg

2011-08-04200049.jpg

2011-08-04200039.jpg

I believe this was done by board member spidey4fun.

It looks better the right way up and in natural light.

IMAG0131.jpg

Yes the suit is just printed. Not made the same way the Movie suit was, but I only had three weeks to make it and a limited budget. I was comissioned to make it and wont be make others.... sorry. If you're planning on making one for yourself, get the shoes as they'll help complete the look and work really well in the costume. Just hand stitch the costume lycra / spandex to the shoe. You'll also need to paint the shoes blue and red after stripping them down.

IMAG0127.jpg

I've read so many bad comments about the Webb re-boot suit design, but after making one and seeing the design details I'm fairly impressed. Sure the Rami suit was the more traditional design and I like the raised webbing, but I think the re-boot suit design looks pretty good and hopefully the raised grid pattern over the entire suit will translate well onto film to give the suit the design depth they're looking for.

I'll probably make myself one for my personal collection and the Movie premier.... just need to loose some weight..:cry Unfortunately Im no longer as slim as the mannequin.

Brad.

You did a superb job on the suit! Losing weight really isn't that difficult to do if you have the incentive and persistance.

It looks better the right way up and in natural light.

IMAG0131.jpg

Yes the suit is just printed. Not made the same way the Movie suit was, but I only had three weeks to make it and a limited budget. I was comissioned to make it and wont be make others.... sorry. If you're planning on making one for yourself, get the shoes as they'll help complete the look and work really well in the costume. Just hand stitch the costume lycra / spandex to the shoe. You'll also need to paint the shoes blue and red after stripping them down.

IMAG0127.jpg

I've read so many bad comments about the Webb re-boot suit design, but after making one and seeing the design details I'm fairly impressed. Sure the Rami suit was the more traditional design and I like the raised webbing, but I think the re-boot suit design looks pretty good and hopefully the raised grid pattern over the entire suit will translate well onto film to give the suit the design depth they're looking for.

I'll probably make myself one for my personal collection and the Movie premier.... just need to loose some weight..:cry Unfortunately Im no longer as slim as the mannequin.

Brad.

Good to see you Brad! And nice job on the suit. I hear ya, after my ankle surgery, I went up to 230, but I've been back to down to 190 for quite awhile :) I actually just blew out the shoes again in my red and blue suit, and my black movie suit from you.. so I'll need to replace the shoes again soon... lol.. I've had those suits for over 5 years now I think.. they served me well.. now I'm trying to get bigger for Capt :)

Looks better than the movie version.:thumbsup If I had it my way, your Ultimate suit woulda been in the movie.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back