The Amazing Spider-Man Teaser Trailer Leaked

Vivek

Master Member
The Amazing Spider-Man Teaser Trailer is leaked, but unlike resisting other leaked trailers I didn't waste one second not watching this. More Parker than Spider-Man, but it is a teaser and I loved it.

The Amazing Spider-Man is probably the first 2012 movie I want to watch in 3D.

The Amazing Spider-Man - Official Site

Videos Posted by The Amazing Spider-Man: Official The Amazing Spider-Man Teaser Trailer [HD] | Facebook

480p: http://playlist.yahoo.com/makeplaylist.dll?sid=125805957&sdm=web&pt=rd

720p: http://playlist.yahoo.com/makeplaylist.dll?sid=125805974&sdm=web&pt=rd

1080p: http://playlist.yahoo.com/makeplaylist.dll?sid=125805984&sdm=web&pt=rd

Last edited:
Although directly seeing Spider-Man swing around is great, this POV is a nice change. Hopefully for some scenes they will implement it in the movie as well and will be more effective in 3D.

Also other places online, people are saying the POV is a rip off from Mirror's Edge. So hasn't there been any other games before, where during the POV we get to see the limbs of the character?

And I read the following comment on youtube. I agree. But this viral method works as there is a sense of urgency to see it now and share it immediately.

"The "leaked" The Amazing Spider-Man trailer is blatantly viral marketing. Columbia did the same thing with Girl With Dragon Tattoo. If the Spidey trailer was really leaked it would be pulled off youtube immediately. Dragon Tattoo stayed on for nearly a week. Both "bootlegs" had very high quality for a cam, both came from newly registered Youtube users, and both are Columbia films. It's staged!"

Last edited:
Nice. The film looks a lot more serious than the Raimi films, and I hope those POV sequences will make my bladder drop (but not leak). :lol

The trailer has now been pulled off.

"This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Sony Pictures Entertainment.
Sorry about that."

Perhaps Sony wants it to grow more viral :p

Sweet... while I always said I had wished they'd let Raimi do Spidey 4 to atone for Spidey 3, I do like the direction this is going. Still wish I could magically tweak one or two details about the costume but overall, this looks pretty good from that short teaser.

I gotta agree though, that looks pretty good for a bootleg camcorder video. I'm definitely agreeing that this is a viral marketing ploy.

They wouldn't accidentally-on-purpose leak a cam of the thing. It would be a proper transfer/conversion.

Hopeful. Maybe it's just because it's a cam, but I'm not sure about a muted and contrasty color pallet for this property. Not that it should be bubbly and fluffy, but I don't think Spidey should be too gritty, either.

Ugh.. back to an origin movie? I wish they had done the kind of Ang Lee reboot they did with the Hulk and just kind of ignored the previous stuff and picked up after the origin stuff we've all seen a half dozen times already.

In spite of that ending shot, we can expect more practical effects than the previous Spider-Man films.

‘Spider-Man’ director Marc Webb feels a ‘responsiblity to reinvent’ the hero | Hero Complex – movies, comics, fanboy fare – latimes.com
"We spent months and months and months developing rigs so he could swing in a way that wasn’t computer-generated. Obviously there’s going to be enhancements and CG [sequences], but it’s based in a physical reality and that’s a new technique for this film brand"

They are trying for a more contemporary and edgy feel I am guessing. This is more closer to the Ultimate Spider-Man comic story lines, I am not too pleased about that as it deviates from the classic mythos. But as long as they have the balance of brilliant nerd Peter Parker and wisecracking Spider-Man going strong, I will be happy with it. And Emma Stone as Gwen Stacy looks great, one of my all time favourite Spider-Man comic characters finally gets the screen treatment she deserves.

Hey, I'll defend Raimi. He gave me the Spider-Man I read when I was a kid (60's-70's Gil Kane, John Romita era) The Raimi suit looked great. And I thought the shots of Spidey swinging through the rooftops were often magnificent. The fight between Spider-Man and Doc Ock was exactly what I wanted to see. It was the essence of the artwork in those early comic books brought to life.

I love the Raimi movies as well especially the second one, but they were still lacking lot of the classic Spidey humour which I felt was the key trait of the character. I hope they don't shy away from that this time. I like Kirsten Dunst, but she was a miscast for Mary Jane.

They got a fresh opportunity to get those things right this time and hopefully we will see a revamped suit in this movie if not then the sequel.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back