The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (2014) Villains

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Movie Talk' started by PAYBACKPictures, May 19, 2012.

1. PAYBACKPictures

PAYBACKPictures Active Member

Personally I'd like to see Black Cat make her cinematic debut. Not as a villain per say, but as a anti hero, kind of. The best actress to play Felicia Hardy/Black Cat would be the lovely Emilia Clarke from Game of Thrones!

What do you think? :)

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 19, 2012
  2. PAYBACKPictures

Also I'd like to see Mysterio appear as the main villain. A Mysterio that looked a lot like the Mysterio in the picture I added as an attachment.

3. JD

JD Master Member

Just based on the pics alone I don't think she has the right look or physique for the Black Cat.

Off hand I think maybe Ashley Hinshaw (from Chronicle and has played Power Girl in some fan shorts) might have the right look.

Another interesting choice might be Elizabeth Olsen - who's trying to break away from the mold created by her sisters with her indie acting (Martha Marcy May Marlene and to a lesser point, Silent House). She has the features of Felicia - not sure if she has the right facial look or height - but, he movie magic). She' probably my favorite current up and coming actress with some great acting chops.

Also worthy of a look is Abbie Cornish of Somersault and Limitless.

Oh, if only Kristen Bell was a foot taller and a little more... :confused

I've been meaning to make a 'Cast the next Fantastic Four Movie' as I have a few folks in mind that I think would make a great FF.

4. PAYBACKPictures

I don't know. But none of those seem to scream "BLACK CAT" to me. Have you ever watched Game of Thrones? If you have, you know that Emilia Clarke has what it takes to be Black Cat.

OR if we take this on a whole different route, how about Rhian Sugden?

EDIT: Yep. Deleted the picture, just to be safe.

Last edited: May 19, 2012
  5. JD

JD Master Member

Yes, I've watched the show. Yes, she can act... but, Black Cat? I'm not sure.

Sugden sure is nice to look at (BTW - that pic might be considered NSFW, I'm not sure it belongs in this forum), but has no acting credits other than a bit part in Your Highness (I'm not sure if she even said a word), that I could see.

6. PAYBACKPictures

Sugden propably can't act. But * does she look like Black Cat. :thumbsup

7. great1

great1 Well-Known Member

I think Black Cat should be left until the third Amazing Spiderman movie and Green Goblin should be the villain of Amazing Spiderman 2 with the ending being Gwen Stacy's death.

8. Superboy

Superboy New Member

I've always been a big fan of the Tobey Run, but if I had to say anything... It would be a movie with Electro and Rhino. That would be intersesting.

9. crabra comander

crabra comander Sr Member

Wanna see, Vulture cause Ben Kingsley isn't getting any younger. And Kingpin is Michael Clarke Duncan.

10. PAYBACKPictures

Still think Emilia Clarke should play Black Cat.

11. PAYBACKPictures

Electro and Rhino would be cool. Although Rhino is already in the video game so I doubt they'll include him.

12. great1

great1 Well-Known Member

I don't think they can use Kingpin because Fox has the rights to the character along with the Daredevil rights.

13. PAYBACKPictures

14. PAYBACKPictures

15. Scottryan15

Scottryan15 Well-Known Member

Tasm2
    mysterio
    and
    kraven

tasm3
    green goblin
    black cat

16. Crank729

Crank729 Sr Member

No, don't do villains that were in the Raimi films....theN people complain and compare and then it's just annoying.

Mysterio is a must. And he is somewhat realistic.

17. TaylorMcManus

TaylorMcManus Well-Known Member

Black Cat will be in the game too, so I don't think they'll use her. I'd like to see Green Goblin done in the Ultimate style, where he actually turns into the goblin. I really want to see Kingpin, not necessarily as the main villain, but I'd love to see him playing a big part in these movies. But like great1 said, I don't know if they can. I would also like to see Dr. Octopus. Personally, I don't mind them reusing the villains from the Raimi films.

18. Werstrooper

Werstrooper Well-Known Member

Yes plz

19. Scottryan15

Kingpin's rights are owned by fox along with daredevil, the closest thing to kinpin would probably be tombstone.

20. captain avenger

captain avenger Active Member

I've always wanted to see the vulture, and I always liked it in the comics when a cadre of supervillains was funded by the kingpin it would be cool to see that in the new movies

21. PAYBACKPictures

:thumbsup

22. TaylorMcManus

There was an interview with Kevin Fiege where he was asked about Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver and he said that Marvel has the rights to use those characters and so does Fox, since they're Avengers and mutants. So Sony can possibly use Kingpin since he's a villain of Spider-Man too. I don't know if the same rules apply or not, but either way it'd be cool to see him in the movies.

23. Scottryan15

Yeah that would be pretty cool, honestly I would love more than anything to see Daredevil/spidey teamup to take down kingpin

24. crabra comander

crabra comander Sr Member

Yeah I like Kingpin, he is somewhat grounded in reality, he uses his funds to recruit and manage, and he would have no problem rounding up unsavory characters.

Kraven would be an awesome villian as well. Someone uses him to track Spidey, he uses his hunting skill and technology to capture him!

25. TaylorMcManus

Yeah, that'd definitely be awesome!

26. Scottryan15

Honestly Spidey has a really interesting rogue gallery, I don't really care what villian it would be cause most of them all pose a challenge to him which is interesting.

27. outlander

outlander Sr Member

Haven't they already hinted at some Electro in the trailers?

28. Scottryan15

What? Where? haha

29. Amazing Spidey

Amazing Spidey New Member

I think in a interview that Mark Webb said something about the events of ASM 2, if they did a sequel, would try to follow the events of ASM videogame.
    So if this is the case, then I think that The Black Cat may make an appearance due to the fact that she figures out where spidey got his powers and then broke out of Belgrieve in the game. Also as a reward for reaching 100% in the game, you unlock the black suit version of the movie suit, so maybe we'll see the symbiote and Venom.
    However, in the movie and the videogame, Norman Osborne is mentioned a lot but never appears so perhaps we'll see him. Also, due to the fact that he's dying, he'll do something drastic and possibly mutate himself into the Goblin (ultimate Spider-man style).
    Finally, in the end credits scene of the movie, Dr Connors is in his cell in Belgrieve, when he is approached by a mystery man who asks when he told Peter the truth about his parents. I think that the best possiblity for this would be Adrain Tommes (The Vulture) since in the comics, he is a scientist and making him so that working with the parkers would be a nice twist
    Let me know what you guys think.

30. Axlotl

Axlotl Master Member

I'm fairly certain the "mystery-man" at the end of Amazing was Chameleon.
    Safe bet he'll be a villain in ASM2.

31. Sundowner

Sundowner Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Hobgoblin
    [​IMG]

Kraven
    [​IMG]

32. Scareb

Scareb Sr Member

Haha, my buddy drew that Kraven.

33. Too Much Garlic

Too Much Garlic Master Member

If they do Venom eventually, I'd wish they'd do the story that got Eddie Brock fired - the one with the masked murderer killing people he saw as sinners. That was a powerful story. I know it involved DareDevil, but I really think they can potentially work around that character and still make it work. Would also be nice with a somewhat "normal person" adversary rather than super humans all the time.

34. Dozer3677

Dozer3677 Well-Known Member

Ive said THIS since opening night. He disappears and appears in a flash of lightning. Why couldn't he have just came and left through the sockets in the cell? Or sockets somewhere? IF IT ISN'T ELECTRO IT IS....

Mysterio. The other guy I've said since opening night. He doesn't even have to be in the room. He could have been a suggestion planted months ago or sooner by Mysterio. All in Lizard's mind.

But I really do think it is Electro. But I would rather have Mysterio. But either way, I would be happy. Other people I have talked to seem to also think it is Electro.

As far as Black Cat. That girl from GOT is just not.....built enough. She looks too fragile. Whoever said Abbie Cornish, she has the right build, and is a good actress. I think we could do better though. But I wouldn't be unhappy if she was cast in the role.

35. Sundowner

Sundowner Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Well I looked through a couple of Kraven images and this one caught my eye! You're buddy has a talent!

36. Egon Spengler

Egon Spengler Sr Member

ONE VILLAIN ONLY. Every time they add a million villains to a movie they just screw it up.

37. Too Much Garlic

Too Much Garlic Master Member

Yeah, the writers they choose sadly can't handle it. They should hire someone like Joss Whedon... he sure CAN handle lots of characters.

38. Scottryan15

The Video Game was more of a "What If", there not going to use the same plot for the next film.

39. Scottryan15

NO, 2 VILLIANS, THERE IS NO ORIGIN IN THIS MOVIE SO WE HAVE MORE TIME TO ESTABLISH BOTH VILLIANS AND DEVELOP THEM!

I mean think about it, the origin in TASM took up like 45-65 minutes? possibly even more.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2012
  40. Duzy

Duzy New Member

Shocker + Mysterio

41. Progendev

Progendev New Member

Personally I'd like to see the Vulture and perhaps Mysterio as well. Shocker would fit well in Webb's style also. And given how well they pulled off the Lizard, they could probably do a good job with Electro or Scorpion. But Vulture is my top choice.

Villains I personally don't care to see: Kraven, Rhino, and definitely not the Chameleon. But Kraven would probably have a backstory that the audience can sympathize with, so it wouldn't surprise me if they use him.

42. Scottryan15

Scorpion is my favorite villain but I don't think there going to go with another tail wagging green guy again.

43. WhiteDeadPool

WhiteDeadPool New Member

I'd really enjoy seeing venom or carnage. Spider-man 3 didn't really portray venom right for me.

44. Master of Fear

Master of Fear New Member

Carnage. 'Nuff' said.

45. Rod A

Rod A Member

For those of you old enough, Sinister Six. Sony can take their pick of old spidey villains to fill the roster.

46. Camaro91

Camaro91 Active Member

I'd go with Shocker. And I think Adam Baldwin would do him justice, found this online

[​IMG]

47. Jet Beetle

Jet Beetle Sr Member Gone but not forgotten.

The Rock should play Kraven - and they should KILL Spider-Man in part 2. It cements your crowd for part 3 (because part 3s are always about NOTHING - just rehashes.)

I still think the guy at the end of the movie is Tombstone.

48. da wesheb

da wesheb Active Member

Nolan pulled off how many Villains in his Batman trilogy? Falconé, Scareceow(all 3 films,) Joker, Two Face, Ra's, Tahlia, Bane, Dagget, Catwoman. That's 3 villains a movie, more so if you count the Scarecrows multiple appearances and the lesser mob thugs.

Sinister Six please.

49. 8bit

8bit New Member

I'd love to see the Green Goblin be the main villain of The Amazing Spider-Man 2, we all know the Gwen thing is going to happen anyway.

50. PAYBACKPictures

yeah, unless they decide to move it to the third film for a sad ending to the trilogy. (assuming they ever get there!)