the alien in Predators

Origami Unicorn

Sr Member
hey,

I just find this out, the alien that chases Edwin is a slightly modified version of the original, abandoned Predator design from 1987. I can see that but do you think that it was a good idea(design)?

-Xander

hey,

I just find this out, the alien that chases Edwin is a slightly modified version of the original, abandoned Predator design from 1987. I can see that but do you think that it was a good idea?

-Xander

yea adds more wild life in the film, i think they added that as just another creature or somthing

I was hoping they'd identify it as a new alien, I almost thought it was a Xenomorph when it was dodging through the trees after edwin.

lol funny u brought it up, first time i seen it, i was like, OMG !! THATS the original P1, i told my friends,
it wss pretty cool seeing it and it "alive" on film, so surprised !

Here is what the original Predator (1987) was going to look like before they changed it. Photos posted for comparison.

p1alt.jpg.png

p1alt2.jpg.png

So I believe you are correct that the alien in RRs film is a throwback. I sure am glad they changed the design for P1

If they'd went with that original design in 1986/87, this board wouldn't exist. Or if it did, it would be a tribute board to Sci-fi B movies. :eek:

The final design of the Predator is an utter masterstroke by Stan Winston. When you look at the design they settled on, it looks as fresh and realistic now as it did when they filmed it over 24 years ago. Not many things age as well as Stan Winston's pred.

10p90lf.jpg

i liked it in the film i thought it was funny to see it come running out

kind of nostalgic touch in my opinion even though it never made it to the big screen

Man that old design was horrible. I never actually knew it got to filming. Yeesh, I'd of dropped dead of laughter if that thing had walked onto set. Thank god Stand stepped in.

hey,

I just find this out, the alien that chases Edwin is a slightly modified version of the original, abandoned Predator design from 1987. I can see that but do you think that it was a good idea(design)?

-Xander

Whoa ..where did you hear that from ? We spoke to Nicotero ...that isnt what he intended ..in fact they actually have a name for this alien ...I forgot what they called it ...I'll ask today and let you know

Whoa ..where did you hear that from ? We spoke to Nicotero ...that isnt what he intended ..in fact they actually have a name for this alien ...I forgot what they called it ...I'll ask today and let you know

Isn't it called the "stick man alien" or something like that? pretty sure i heard that name around some where for the name of that creature.

Sorry to be a buzzkill for all of you lovely folks, and I mean this in the nicest possible way---but the "river ghost" alien that chases Topher in Predators is in no way supposed to be, nor was it ever designed after the original unused predator suit from the first film. I'd like to think you guys would have an eye for these details, especially with the pictures being posted in this thread, but the two aliens look absolutely nothing alike. Take another look, you'll see what I'm saying. It's obvious this is an entirely different creature design! If I can find a pic of the new one I'll post it here, but hopefully you'll all get to see it better on dvd soon. I know there was a rumor that it was supposed to be, but that's all it was, a rumor. The alien in the film is just another species dropped on this hunting planet, that came from one of the crates and was being hunted as well.
Besides, why would you WANT that creature to look like the old one? That design sucks! The river ghost creature is a lot cooler! Wish they did a movie just about the river ghost!
Anyway, don't hate me, just trying to clarify and being civil about it!
Great forum guys, I'll definitely be sticking around to enjoy all the features you guys have here!

BR

so lets get to it . Whos gonna make these for us lol. I like it especially the clear pics unforgiven posted. I want to know its history now

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back