The AI thread(t)

I'm waiting for someone to post their opinion on the future of AI drafted by ChatGPT.

BTW. Here's another person I created through AI prompts. She also doesn't exist.

ypn2w2jcbgoa.jpg

Last edited:
I must be ignorant, dense,
In denial if you like. So there was my full disclosure so be warned..

I don’t fear it and don’t think too much of it either. Aggregates what’s already out there on the internet and forms some kind of presentation in what templates/patterns it’s programmed to produce, a think it is still just a simulation “intelligence” is there. sometimes if there is a sense it just did some brilliant human thing, well that old kids word game madlibs comes to mind. If it passes some test it’s because it’s designed to meet dated metrics. And the metrics are out dated. New metrics? For true sentience and self awareness? For even emotions? Self sacrifice? Self preservation? Instincts? Desires to reproduce? What aspects of being a real living being are impossible to simulate?
Or are all those too human? Are we to redefine what is a live consciousness so it can pass?

But yes, it does make some disturbing pictures.
Good fodder for new monsters since we can’t get a breakthrough past ALIEN and The Thing for some reason. LOL

I find the image generators most interesting when tasked with styles that aren't photo-real. Got some really solid results for pin-up illustration. Can't post any of that here. I've also been playing around with maps, for my Raiders Idol Temple Map rework. Got some fun results there too.

map1.png

here's your daily AI paranoia...

I must be ignorant, dense,
In denial if you like. So there was my full disclosure so be warned..

I don’t fear it and don’t think too much of it either. Aggregates what’s already out there on the internet and forms some kind of presentation in what templates/patterns it’s programmed to produce, a think it is still just a simulation “intelligence” is there. sometimes if there is a sense it just did some brilliant human thing, well that old kids word game madlibs comes to mind. If it passes some test it’s because it’s designed to meet dated metrics. And the metrics are out dated. New metrics? For true sentience and self awareness? For even emotions? Self sacrifice? Self preservation? Instincts? Desires to reproduce? What aspects of being a real living being are impossible to simulate?
Or are all those too human? Are we to redefine what is a live consciousness so it can pass?

But yes, it does make some disturbing pictures.
Good fodder for new monsters since we can’t get a breakthrough past ALIEN and The Thing for some reason. LOL
We must add "The Soul" to that conscience...I think that, at a certain point, AI will have the ability to "feel". "Sensory" programs are already done for VR and some artificial skin has been developed to "feel". But, if you take a mirror and place it in front of the AI's camera, will it recognized itself?
Will it say: "This is me"?

We must add "The Soul" to that conscience...I think that, at a certain point, AI will have the ability to "feel". "Sensory" programs are already done for VR and some artificial skin has been developed to "feel". But, if you take a mirror and place it in front of the AI's camera, will it recognized itself?
Will it say: "This is me"?

And it will think I’m I too fat? LOL Then we will know for sure.
LOL
Some things take time,
A child doesn’t have empathy
straight away. But are these things too human for us to use as qualifiers? Hell I think animals exhibit things more “human” to me than some people.

Sometimes I ask myself “what are we”?

I googled that once and it came up about are we a couple or not? LOL

Not quite what I was looking for.

Oh on the plus side my CEO mentions he pretty much wants to make KITT possible.
Of course if he's not in a an '82 Trans Am I'm still skeptical.

Last edited:
We don't know how life manifests itself and then organises into cellular structures just by mixing together a soup of their basic chemical compositions but we do know how to create the conditions conducive to life. Whether 'life' finds non organic AI as a worthy vehicle to inhabit and become conscious is an interesting question.

Oh on the plus side my CEO mentions he pretty much wants to make KITT possible.
Of course if he's not in a an '82 Trans Am I'm still skeptical.

That's on my bucket-list of cars too.

We are getting close. The software to reproduce William Daniels' voice . . . matter of time. And the AI software is close enough to have a car that talks with a generic personality already.

KITT's specific personality from the TV show would be a challenge. But to be fair, that wasn't really there at the start of the TV series either. The car was mostly saying bland practical things at first. The witty wisecracking KITT developed as the series went on.

And it will think I’m I too fat? LOL Then we will know for sure.
LOL
Some things take time,
A child doesn’t have empathy
straight away. But are these things too human for us to use as qualifiers? Hell I think animals exhibit things more “human” to me than some people.

Sometimes I ask myself “what are we”?

I googled that once and it came up about are we a couple or not? LOL

Not quite what I was looking for.
We're born already with "Boxes of knowledges" as I call them;) These boxes are closed and can be opened with the right stimulus.
Language, eating, walking; all of these have to be developed by the time the child is 3 years old. Lots of things to learn in a very small time frame.
We have the highest amount of grey cells in our brain at that time...after 3 years, the amount is already going down:(

The recognition of the "Self" comes at around 6 to 9 months old. Quantum computer will ask some old philosophical questions: who am I?
Am I going to die or live forever? Am I going to lose people I love?...etc. Will it be a spoiled child? Or a grown-up adult capable of making decisions based on a sense of justice and fairness, distinguishing the many shades of grey that life is throwing at us all the time?

But returning to Quantum computing AI; I will leave you with this quote from W.E.B. Dubois: " A system cannot fail those it was never build to protect":eek::oops::whistle:

Last edited:
Let's get this straight. A.I. does not approach anything like sentience. It only emulates complex human behavior and choices extrapolated from vast resources of empiric data. There is no logical or emotional process behind that behavior, so sentience can't be at play. It is only the quality of emulation that gives rise to the question of potential sentience.

Take a well-crafted A.I. picture of an imaginary person. As realistic as the picture might be, does anyone believe they mighy exist IRL just because of the realism? I hope not. The quality of that photo is like looking at the quality of emulated human behavior. It is only our innate human empathy that has us considering that they might be sentient.

It is not to say that I wouldn't have any moral dilemma about destroying/killing an AI being - even if I had to. And I am still not entirely sure if that would be mental strength or moral weakness to have to overcome that moral instinct.

Another argument against sentience is that when humans make errors you can tell where an error in logic or data occurred. But, when A.I. makes an error, it is seemingly random and bizarre without reflecting the mechanisms of any discernible underlying rationale.

e.g. here are some AI images I made that went wrong.

zv0wxg3cf5js.jpg

vgunsni2g9jw.jpg

72xgpx1zrvs0.jpg

As you can see it is just trying to extrapolate features from other images, but it also has no idea what an arm or leg is.

As amazing as AI can be there is no underlying process other than a sophisticated emulation.

I'm not putting down AI. It is becoming a revolutionary technology that is growing exponentially. The utility of AI is a different subject altogether.

I leave you with one of my successful replicants.

20230528_084212.jpg

Last edited:
Daily AI noia's

Last edited:

View attachment 1705506

View attachment 1705508

View attachment 1705511

As you can see it is just trying to extrapolate features from other images, but it also has no idea what an arm or leg is.
Oh I think that is perfect myself….have them in the background for “GLITCH.”

I love Artifacts.

They should be collected.

Artifacts such as those would be perfect for a cyber Horror at Red Hook.

Remember Adult Swim’s occasional OFF THE AIR broadcasts? Every once in a while they would have a video still distort and dissolve into a new background.

A perfect attack sequence would be to have your warped figures above draw attention…a bit like “The Boneless” from Doctor Who.

The female figure vibrates up and down a bit…the cyren luring a victim.

The attack is done all on greenscreen with a figure wearing a ghillie suit made of tattered scrap cloth the same color.

The assailant envelopes the victim…and it’s all composited behind the AI figure.

The result is that it looks like lines of force are attacking a victim.

You then run that image and fragment the victim outline further…total dichotomization right down to his screams.

Last edited:
Let's get this straight. A.I. does not approach anything like sentience. It only emulates complex human choices that it extrapolates from tons of empiric data. There is zero logical or emotional process behind those decisions, so sentience can't be at play.

With human errors you can see where an error in logic or data occurred. When A.I. makes an error it is typically a seemingly random and bizarre and only reflects the complete absence of an underlying rationale.

View attachment 1705506

View attachment 1705508

View attachment 1705511

As amazing as AI can be there is no underlying process other than a sophisticated emulation.

I leave you with one of my successful replicants.

View attachment 1705524

A few Total Recall Mars denizens there.

Before AI heralds the downfall of civilization as we know it, I do hope we see some sweet RPGs with, not only AI-scripted characters/dialogue, but AI-built entire open worlds and real time generated events and scenarios.

Before AI heralds the downfall of civilization as we know it, I do hope we see some sweet RPGs with, not only AI-scripted characters/dialogue, but AI-built entire open worlds and real time generated events and scenarios.
People will be able to argue with Han Solo in game finally over who shot first.

I'd like to see(hear) voice mods eventually become a thing in games like skin mods. Or you could even mod your own voice into the game (not that I'd want to listen to my own voice).

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back