The Abyss models

Not the best shot...

attachment.php

Here's a cool picture of the giant Alien Ship model... look at the battleship models around it... and the Jeep in the background!!! A friend of mine got one of the Spires when they cut the model up... but I didn't get one!!! dammit...

=============================

attachment.php

Last edited:
actually no its not, i was gonna go see the set last year and they had already demolished the uncompleted reactor tower as well as the deepcore set inside. those google earth images are a little behind.

the pieces are long gone. remember the site is now under construction for a new nuclear plant. trespassing now would not be a good idea.

depending on where you live the information on google earth could be years old. NY, CA , TX etc . have more updates where as SC wouldn't be a top priority.

the pic thats up now is a updated pic compared to the old one. oldest one shows the area around the containment tower (where the deepcore exterior was located) was under water. including the area where "B" tank was located. the newer pic shows construction all over the property including the draining of the tanks of water. as os today, the containment tank was demolished and the debris has been removed.

I am sorry for Necro posting and all but that NTI Ark (Huge Spaceship) I would love to see that thing replicated with full detail. Same with deep core.

Uncanny. I was looking at this thread a few hours ago & was wondering / looking for the same thing. I found this pic of the original.

abyss1.jpg

I just wish that there was much more reference materials and such to that thing to make a very decent model. I also wish that the thing was not cut up and dumped and handed out in pieces.

Here are a few more pics of the fx workings of The Abyss

Ed Harris puppet / miniature

abyss3.jpg

The Mantra ship

abyss5.jpg

The mini sub being rigged with puppets

abyss6.jpg

The biggest of the various 'Deep Core' models

abyss2.jpg

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back